Error when trying to use MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption.TripleDESWrapper

Author
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all.

I am trying to use this class to encrypt and decrypt parameters being passed to a web page in the Query String.

I used this code to Encrypt the value of the pk:

I am using this code in my ListView's RowPopulating event to create an "Edit" hyperlink in the first column:

string EncrytedSignOffID = _3des.Encrypt(e.BusinessObject["sign_off_id"].ToString());

e.Values[0].DisplayValue =
"<a href='EditSignOff.aspx?pk=" + EncrytedSignOffID + "&project_id=" + Request["pk"] + "'>Edit</a>";

When I click on the hyperlink to go to the Edit Page, I am trying to use this code in the Edit Page's Page_Load to decrypt the PK:

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption.TripleDESWrapper _3des = new MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption.TripleDESWrapper();

String DecryptedSignOffID = _3des.Decrypt(Request["pk"].ToString());

But I wind up with this error instead of the web page:

System.FormatException was unhandled by user code
  Message=Invalid length for a Base-64 char array.
  Source=mscorlib
  StackTrace:
       at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)
       at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.Encryption.TripleDESWrapper.Decrypt(String text)
       at StlCI_new.EditSignOff.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\StlCI_new\StlCI_new\StlCI_new\EditSignOff.aspx.cs:line 25
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  InnerException:

Can someone help me out here? What do I need to do to make this work?

TIA.

Marcia.
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Here I am talking to myself again Smile

I am posting this just in case someone else runs into the same problem:

I finally got this figured out. All I needed was this on the Decrypt:

String DecryptedSignOffID = _3des.Decrypt(Request["pk"].Replace(" ", "+"));
Edited 12 Years Ago by Marcia G Akins
Jeffrey K Cox
Jeffrey K Cox
StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)
Thanks for posting the solution dude. I was also experienced the same kind of problem. But now I also got this figured out.

human hair extensions
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...