StrataListView - No InsertAt?

Posted 5/6/2012 10:13:34 PM
StrataFrame Novice

StrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame Novice

Group: StrataFrame Users
Last Login: 12/15/2016 10:18:04 AM
I can find the RemoveAt, but what about the InsertAt or insert?  Trying to use the Stratalistview to sort items.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marcel

Tags:
Post #31206
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook
 Posted 5/6/2012 10:53:25 PM
Strategic Support Team Member

Strategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team Member

Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Last Login: 6/15/2019 1:08:46 AM
Hi Marcel.

You will add Items and Subitems to the Stratalistview.
Check this post for a sample on it:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost24981.aspx
Post #31207
 Posted 5/7/2012 6:56:06 AM
StrataFrame Novice

StrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame NoviceStrataFrame Novice

Group: StrataFrame Users
Last Login: 12/15/2016 10:18:04 AM
Thanks Ivan,

I had actually used the sample to guide me in the initial creation of my stratalistviews. However, in some of my lists I need to allow the user to rank the items by order of importance (as in the DDT). 

Would it be best to first change the ranking of the rows in the business object with a bo_ranking column, sort the business object based on that, and then re-query the the stratalistview?  Or is there a more preferred way of doing it?

Marcel
Post #31208
 Posted 5/7/2012 2:10:14 PM
Strategic Support Team Member

Strategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team MemberStrategic Support Team Member

Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Last Login: 6/15/2019 1:08:46 AM
I haven't played with the sort capabilities of the StrataListview yet, but have a look at this post from Trent. This might get you into the right direction. Since I will be out of the office tomorrow, I thought of leaving this here so you can have a try:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost23775.aspx
Post #31209