Strataframe / Used Net Framework-Versions

Author
Thomas Holste
StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi there,

when I create a VS2010-Project without strataframe and select NET-Framework

Version 4 and later have a look at the project-properties I can see that the dlls of

Version 4 of the Net-Framework are referenced.

When I create a strataframe-project and select Net 4, I can see that Net-Version 2 is

referenced in the project properties.

How can I change this to Version 4?

Bets regards

Thomas

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Thomas,

Do the following:
  1. Open your project properties.
  2. Click the Compile link
  3. At the bottom, click the "Advance Compile Options..."
  4. In the "Target framework" select the one you want to use.
Also be aware that if you use any specific x86 driver, that you must set the "Target CPU" to x86 instead of AnyCPU to avoid all kind of errors.

Good luck!!!

Edhy Rijo

Thomas Holste
Thomas Holste
StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)StrataFrame User (294 reputation)
Hi Edhy,

thanks for your help. I forgot the most important part of the question, which is,

if changing the framework-version (I want all projects within my project map to use

net 4.0), will have any effects on strataframe?

Best regards

Thomas
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Thomas,

Nope, there will be no problems, of course you will need to make sure your customer's computer have .Net 4.0.  I use .Net 4 for all my projects so you should be OK.

Edhy Rijo

Thomas Holste
Thomas Holste
Hi Edhy,

thanks a lot, that saved my evening.

Best regards

Thomas
Edhy Rijo
E
You are welcome Thomas!!!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...