Unable to connect to Enterprise server after renewing my licenses

Author
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
After realizing my licenses had expired,  I have purchased 10 Cals license this morning.   As far as I can tell, I have activated the licenses and downloaded the new license file to my server replacing the existing license.  I have rebooted the server.  However, my customers and myself are not able to connect any longer.  Please help!

Jeff
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Have you looked at the status page to make sure that you are up and running? 

http://forum.strataframe.net/Uploads/Images/735c50bb-6d8f-4b62-a5de-815c.png

Make sure that you move the license file into the bin folder and that it is named "MicroFour License.dll" with a space between the MicroFour and License.  You don't have to reboot the server, you can either restart IIS or even recycle the application pool associated with your Enterprise Server site.

You should be able to see the license details in the status page, like above, and it should reflect your new license.

Also, I have just manually reset your activation, so go back out to strataframe.net and go to the My Account area and re-enter and download your license.  This is the first place to start, and then follow the steps above to make sure that the license is installed.  So here are the steps in order:

1. Log in to My Account area of the strataframe.net website
  2. Re-enter your MAC address on your new license and re-download the license file
  3. Make sure that the new license file is copied to the bin folder of your ES website.  Make sure it is named, "MicroFour License.dll" with a space included between MicroFour and License.
  4. Restart IIS
  5. Open up the status.aspx page on your ES server site
  6. You should then see the new license being reflected and working.

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I wanted to post the resolution to this issue for future reference for others having the same problem.   Trent and Ben work diligently on the problem and found that the security on the licence file was not right.   They fixed the problem by adding "Everyone" with read permisssions to the Security Group or user names list box in the properties of the file.  Normally, the ASP.NET user is given read permissions to this file, but in my case it did not happen when I added the license file to the Bin directory.   There are reasons why it didn't, however, the purpose of this post is not to explain Windows folder/file permissions inheritance.

Thank you Trent and Ben for the awesome support!
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Thanks for updating the post, Jeff.  Glad that we could help and get you going! Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...