Cannot build solution from source code because of LZMA

Author
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi All.

A colleague has tried to rebuild the StrataFrame source code and it complained about MicroFour.StrataFrame.LZMA.dll.

We could not find any dll with that name.

But we did find MicroFour.StrataFrame.LZMA.x86.net.dll along with some assorted variations on the name.

We added the above mentioned dll to the project, but are still getting the following errors:

Type 'Lzma.IlzmaCodeProgress' is not defined

Type 'IlzmaCodeProgress ' is not defined

'LzmaHelper' is not declared. It may be inaccesible due to its protection level.

What can we do to fix these problems and get the solution built?

TIA.

Marcia
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Marcia.

Have a look at this post:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost31325.aspx
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
[quote]Ivan George Borges (11/13/2012)
Hi Marcia.

Have a look at this post:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost31325.aspx[/quote]

I looked at that post before I posted this messsage. The problem is that there is nothing named MicroFour.StrataFrame.LZMA.dll in that folder - only the four variants on the name. And even adding a reference to MicroFour.StrataFrame.LZMA.x86.net.dll to the project did not fix the problem.

Do you have any other information?

TIA.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Marcia:

We will be posting a new build in the next few days.  If it can wait, it might be easier to work through it on the most recent build.  This way I know that I am giving you the most recent and up to date files.  The new update also supports Visual Studio 2012.
Edited 12 Years Ago by Trent L. Taylor
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Trent L. Taylor (11/13/2012)
Marcia:

We will be posting a new build in the next few days.  If it can wait, it might be easier to work through it on the most recent build.  This way I know that I am giving you the most recent and up to date files.  The new update also supports Visual Studio 2012.

I will pass this information along to my colleague.  Thanks.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
No problem.  The build is working and will be released tomorrow.  We have been testing it through VMs and will publish it tomorrow.  Thanks!
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Hi Trent.

I just unistalled my old version of StrataFrame and re-installed the latest version along with the latest version of the source code on my computer at home. When I tried to load the solution, I got this error:

D:\MicroFour\StrataFrameSourceCode\MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma\MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma.csproj : error : Unable to read the project file 'MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma.csproj'.

D:\MicroFour\StrataFrameSourceCode\MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma\MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma.csproj: The project file could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path 'D:\MicroFour\StrataFrameSourceCode\MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma\MicroFour StrataFrame Lzma.csproj'.

This looks like the same problem that my colleague was having last month. Do you have any ideas what I can do to get past this?

TIA.

Marcia

Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Hi Trent.

Never mind - I just removed the project and added a reference to lzma.dll and now everything is hunky dory Smile

Thanks!
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Good job...you got it figured out faster than I even saw the post! Smile
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Hi Trent.

Well, while I have your attention, I am handing off this application to the in-house permanent staff developer tomorrow morning and I do not know how to let him restore the backup of my local strataframe database on his laptop and then repoint the framework to his Strataframe database.

Can you please tell me how to do that?

TIA.

Marcia
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...