Error in designer when working with SF User control

Author
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have just upgraded my project to Visual Studio 2012 and I added a new SF user control to the project.  While working on the SF user control,  I am periodically getting the attached error in the designer.  To clear the error I have to exit out of the VS 2012 and reload my project.  Why am I getting this error?

Thanks,

Jeff
Attachments
Designer Error.JPG (149 views, 109.00 KB)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You're not the only one getting the error, Jeff.  So far, we're thinking it has to do with the way Visual Studio is lazy-loading the elements in the solution explorer.  We're expecting an item to be in the project tree when it's not.  When we have a working fix, we will let everyone know.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I used to get lots of these all day long a while ago. At one point, I put together a new box with Win8 and VS2012 and since then I have never had any issues. On my old machine, it started after I upgraded from VS2008 to VS2010 I think. The environment probably has some effect on this, but I was never able to find out the culprit.
Michael Reese
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
WOW!

Thanks for the link.

Building another development laptop for a "possible solution" is not going to happen anytime soon.

I have to make other plans.

Michael
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...