Why not allow changing the image file name of devexpress ?

Author
Dong Trien Lam
StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)
Group: Anonymous / Guest
in the example of the DevExpress have the following code, I want to change the image file with another file name but is not,warning error: Error 1 Unable to copy file "online.gif" to "obj\Debug\Red.gif". Could not find file 'online.gif' 

original
DevExpress.XtraBars.BarEditItem = (Bitmap)DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ImageHelper.CreateImageFromResources("RibbonSimplePad.online.gif", typeof(frmMain).Assembly);
changes
DevExpress.XtraBars.BarEditItem = (Bitmap)DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ImageHelper.CreateImageFromResources("Red.gif", typeof(frmMain).Assembly);

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Dong.

Welcome to the forum.

I tried to find some DevExpress Sample under the StrataFrame folder and the one I found was in the "VB.NET Samples" directory. This one apparently didn't have any line that you described here.

Anyway, by the message error you are getting I can only guess the file couldn't be found.

Let me know if I should check somewhere else.

Regards.

Ivan
Dong Trien Lam
Dong Trien Lam
StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (105 reputation)
Group: Anonymous / Guest
Ivan George Borges (7/21/2014)
Hi Dong.

Welcome to the forum.

I tried to find some DevExpress Sample under the StrataFrame folder and the one I found was in the "VB.NET Samples" directory. This one apparently didn't have any line that you described here.

Anyway, by the message error you are getting I can only guess the file couldn't be found.

Let me know if I should check somewhere else.

Regards.

Ivan

you find me follow the example of the attachment 

private void frmMain_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
      barEditItem1.EditValue = (Bitmap)DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ImageHelper.CreateImageFromResources("RibbonSimplePad.online.gif", typeof(frmMain).Assembly);
      }

Attachments
error.jpg (98 views, 47.00 KB)
Edited 10 Years Ago by Dong Trien Lam
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Dong.

But what you are showing in the attached picture is a DevXpress sample folder installed by the DevXpress installer itself. It is not a StrataFrame sample, as it appears. Have you tried posting your issue at the DevXpress support forum?

Regards.

Ivan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...