Win 10 VS 2015 and the New VISX

Author
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
If you go to 

%appdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0

in Windows Explorer, do you have an ActivityLog.xml file there?  That's where VS logs any errors thrown while trying to launch packages.
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I don't have one?
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
hmmmm, weird stuff here.
Terry, this should be a straight forward configuration:
  1. Install VS2015
  2. Install SQL Server
  3. Install StrataFrame SF1
  4. Install new StrataFrame Addin VSIX as per my instructions in my previous reply.
That should be it.  If there anything you may have missed from these steps?

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Ok Ok I thought I might need to install the original SF package and I did not do that. I  did not have the Strataframe Database Anywhere and I thought that was very strange. Sorry. 

So should I now uninstall the Add in, then install original SF and then reinstall the visx? Is there anything I need to do after I install the original SF?

I told you I thought I was missing something. Something HUGE.

Again so very sorry.

TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

No problem, just install everything in the same order I post before.  But before doing that, uninstall the SF addin from the VS Tools menu.

Also, if you will be connection to a StrataFrame database in another computer, then there is no need to install SQL server, but if you want to have a totally separate SF installation in your laptop, then you will need all the components.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
Thank you. I will get to that shortly and let you know.
Buffie
Buffie
Alright, now I think I am on the plus side. Forms seem to work and the BOM showed up and I was able to activate. What else do you need on a Friday afternoon?

Thanks for all the time and effort.
Edhy Rijo
E
Ha!!!, glad you got it working.

Have a nice weekend!

Edhy Rijo

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
<facepalm> I did not even think about that.  Yes, the package and the AddIns and Extensibility DLLs need to have the rest of StrataFrame installed.  

Thanks Edhy.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...