Win 10 VS 2015 and the New VISX

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am about to install on a new laptop with the above operating system and VS.
I have the latest VISX file and have unzipped the files and I want to make sure I understand what to do.
I want to copy the files:

"MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll"
"MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll"
to the following:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32

Then I want to do the Following but I don't know where to do this????

gacutil /if "%path%/MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll"
gacutil /if "%path%/MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll"
Finally, I want to run the VISX.

Is this correct?

TIA.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

Here is what you need to do:
  1. install the VSIX
  2. Copy the MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll and MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll in the GAC and possibly C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\ folder.
  3. Run the Developer Command Prompt for VS2015 as Administrator
  4. Uninstall assemblies with the following commands:
    • gacutil.exe /uf "MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns"
    • gacutil.exe /u "MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility"
  5. Then Install the new assemblies with the following commands:
    • gacutil.exe /if "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll" /f
    • gacutil.exe /if "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll" /f
Enjoy!!!

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
That subdirectory was not there but I created it and was able to copy the two files into it.

I ran VS as an Admin and then I ran the command prompt.

See the attached picture with error that I got when I tried running the gacutil.exe

Do I need to do something else?

TIA.

Attachments
CommandError.PNG (169 views, 6.00 KB)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You will likely need to run the "Developer Command Prompt for VS 2015".  It sets up the paths necessary for the command prompt to find gacutil.  The shortcut for it should be in your start menu in the Visual Studio 2015 folder.
Buffie
Buffie
Thank you two very much. At least I am able to load VS without any errors but I don't have time to try anything else at this time so that will be tomorrows endeavor.
Again, thank you guys very much.
Buffie
Buffie
Back at testing and not having much luck.
I have attached 2 pics that show the results of yesterdays using the gacutil with the Dlls and it looks like it worked.
Today I am actually in VS and I have attached the Menu that shows up.
But when I click on the Licensing Choice or for that matter any choice NOTHING happens???

Also, note that BOM choice is not available.

What did I miss or what should I try next?

TIA.
Attachments
GacUtil.PNG (154 views, 138.00 KB)
StrataFrameMenu.PNG (152 views, 26.00 KB)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
The logic to control the menu (such as enable the BOMapper menu item and handle the clicks) is in the MicroFour.StrataFrame.Package.dll that is installed with the VSIX.  Did you download the latest version from the sticky thread, uninstall it from Visual Studio and re-run the new one?
Buffie
Buffie
I feel like I am one stupid pup but what is the Sticky Thread and how do I uninstall from VS?
I truly appreciate your time and help.

TIA.

StrataFrame Team
S
No problem Smile  And the thread hasn't technically been made "sticky," it's just the Posted Releases thread on the homepage.

1. Open Visual Studio -> Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> (Left Menu) Installed -> All -> (Middle List) MicroFour StrataFrame -> Uninstall. 
  2. You'll get a note at the bottom of the dialog that you have to restart VS for the changes to take effect.
  3. Close VS
  4. Go to http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic33068.aspx
  5. Download the attachment and extract the .vsix from it.
  6. Double-click the .vsix from where you extracted it.
  7. You'll get the dialog asking into what versions of VS you want to install it.
  8. Choose VS2015 and others if you want.
  9. Finish the setup.
  10. Restart VS.
Steps 5-10 you've obviously done before because you have the .vsix installed.  But removing them isn't as straightforward Wink and that's steps 1-4.  There is an update mechanism for VSIX, but you have to publish it to the VS Gallery, and we decided to not do that; at least with this version.
Buffie
Buffie
Unfortunately same result?
TIA
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...