Win 10 New UpDate

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I let Win 10 update (huge-more like a reinstall) yesterday on 3 machines. It Screwed up every Strataframe install on those 3 machines (2 on VS 2013 and 1 on VS 2015). The error is that it can not find files it needs.
So, I would like to know if anyone has had the same issue or if you have not updated you may wait to see how this all washes out. Also, if you had the issue how did you resolve it.
TIA
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I haven't done an upgrade where StrataFrame was in place.  Nor have I been able to update a computer to Windows 10.  Both computers I have tried to update have had a required Windows update package file to install.  KB-something-or-other on each one.  The same issue prevented me from installing VS2015 on those machines, so I had to reformat them and start over from scratch.

That being said, there are registry keys that are used by VS to locate the assemblies for extensions, and the location of those assemblies varies by VS version and .NET version.  Re-installing StrataFrame might help.  Have you tried that?
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Yep, went through all these updates, including the last big one updating the already updated Win 10.

To get StrataFrame back, I reinstalled it. All fine.
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Thanks for the quick response. 
I have not done re-installs yet. I am about ready to begin that. Will let you know how that goes.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi all,

Like Ivan and Ben suggest, reinstall SF does the trick, but in some cases is not only SF that got messed up, I had to re-install some other programs like MS SQL Server too. BigGrin

It looks like these Windows 10 updates refreshes or cleanup the GAC registry keys causing this kind of issues.  At least I have only seen this with my development computer, all my customers running Windows 10 my installed applications continue to work just fine, probably because I don't use the GAC for my assemblies, I install everything on the application folder.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
Uninstalls and Re-installs on VS 2013 is all that was required. I will attack the VS 2015 later.
Buffie
Buffie
Uninstall and Reinstall on VS 2015 using instructions found here previously worked. 
Again thanks for the help.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Great!!!! good luck!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...