VS 2015 and SF 1.7 Issue

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I decided it was time to put VS 2015 on my Developer's Machine. So, following what Edhy outlined in a previous topic I did the following:
1. Installed VS2015
2. Installed SF 1.7
3. Installed the SF VSIX and copied the 2 files AddIns and Extensibility into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame"
4. Then I used gacutil.exe to uninstall the 2 files using Developer Command Prompt in Admin Mode (which it said was successful)
5. Then I used gacuitl.exe to install the 2 files using Developer Command Prompt in Admin Mode (which it said was successful)

Now when I run VS 2015 the SF tools show up in the toolbox but when I try to create a new form the SF Templates are not there?

I looked in the Menu Item "Extensions and Updates" and Strataframe does not show up in the center pane?

Lost not sure what to do because it worked on my laptop when I did it a month ago.
One thing I do have on this machine I have VS 2013 already installed which did not have on my laptop.

TIA.
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
I have made some progress. Now the StataFrame Extension shows up under the Menu Item "Extensions and Updates" but if I try to create a new form lets say the Template for a Strataframe  Form does not appear???
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA.
Buffie
Buffie
Now I have a real issue. I still don't have the above issue solved so I have been using my VS2013 and the lastest version of SF to continue my project.

Remember, I have VS2013 and VS2015 installed on my development machine. This morning I tried to create a SF Custom Business Binding Source and I got the attached error? I guess it really is not an error but I can not do what I need to do...

I went to my Laptop which has only VS2015 installed and I get the Exact Same Error? The first form where you are asked some questions about what you want created flashes on the screen and then the attached shows up and nothing happens....?

I am not sure where to even start?

TIA.
Attachments
SFCBBSError.PNG (226 views, 3.00 KB)
Buffie
Buffie
I used RevoUninstall and got rid of SF. Then I reinstalled it using new vsix to use it with VS2015 and the directions using gacutil.exe. Now I have the SF toolbox and the templates appear when I use my VS2015. So ignore the all the posts except the previous one.
But, when I try to create a SF Custom Business Binding Source I get the same issue as in my previous post????
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

I was able to duplicate your issue by trying to create a SF Custom Binding Source and got stock on the same searching message "Locating available business object types..."

I know that Ben made some changes to SF Extensibility classes that have to deal with the BOM and also need to look for BOs in the project, probably the code to look for BOs in the SF Custom Binding Source needs to be updated as well.

I hope that Ben can take some time to look at this since it should be fairly easy to fix based on the previous fixes aplied to the BOM.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
At least I am not losing my mind. Thanks for the inputs. 
Ben - Help..
Buffie
Buffie
Ben I am just trying to keep this alive since I do need some help.
TIA.
Buffie
Buffie
I really need some help on this. I recorded a Jing video so you can see it in action..
But I don't know how to attach a swf video?
Please Help.
TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi,
You don't attach the video to the post, you just add the link to it using the hyperlink button in the message toolbar.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
But where does it have to be put? Somewhere they can get to it, correct?
I don't have that.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...