DDT Errors continued

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Trent,

In DDT I’ve created a database to which I’ve added the StrataFrame Security, Messaging and Localization tables. These were added using the Profile menu in DDT. Now if I exit DDT and rerun it I can click on Package icon and the package will be successfully built. However if I try to build the package a second time I get the error message stating the three of the columns in the SFSPreferences table are invalid. However if I exit DDT and rerun it I can build the package without errors. Something is being set in the first run of package build that causes the error in subsequent builds unless DDT is exited and re-run.  When deployed to the server the package builds all the tables, including SFSPreferences, correctly.

I still can’t successfully deploy a database that contains two FK relationships to accommodate a compound PK containing two fields. In the current project I’m working on I’ve modified the database to eliminate the compound foreign keys and DDT will successfully build the database. However I’m now getting an error when it tries to deploy the data (see attachments).

-Larry  

Attachments
SecurityError1026.png (135 views, 94.00 KB)
DeployError.png (130 views, 152.00 KB)
Debug.png (126 views, 68.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Oh.....We have already fixed this issue.  It was a frustrating one to dig out, but the problem has to do with the Deployment Data Business object not be populated.  If you click on the Deployment Data item in the treeview, then click build the error should go away.  Regardless, we have fixed this and plan to post an update next week.  We did not want to be hasty on the update since we have made several changes and we wanted to test everything thoroughly.  Thanks for your detailed explanation and images.  Smile

Also...on the deployment issue I will verify that this has been resolved.  I will have to talk to Ben because he was working on this yeasterday.  He is out of the office today, but I will make sure this is resolved before the update next week.

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Trent,

Thanks for the infoSmile I’m looking forward to next week’s update. Prior to v1.5 I hadn’t really used DDT but the new role based security got me started and it’s good to know that it’s not just me doing something wrong. It should be a useful tool once the bugs are fixed. However it would be nice if a future release could import foreign key and unique key constraints.  It's so much easier to define those in Visio or Erwin.

-Larry`

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yes...this has actually been requested several times.  It is on our list of requested enhancements...so I will add your name to the list Smile
Flavelle Ballem
Flavelle Ballem
StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Add my name to the list of those who would like to have indexes and foreign keys imported from an existing database! BigGrin Soon would be really good.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...