Error in build after changing DevExpress references to 6.2.3

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You actually have an afterbuild.bat in the root source folder.  But attached is the afterbuild.bat (contained within a ZIP file) you can manually copy to the c:\ folder.
Attachments
afterbuild.zip (117 views, 246 bytes)
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

Well the rebuild worked fine with afterbuild.bat loaded in c:\

When I now open the Inherited UI solution the warning icons do not appear. So I guess I'm ready to rock and roll - thanks for your help.

I see DevEx now have a 6.3.3.0 release. What is the normal chain of events - do you guys issue a new licenses.licx file?

Cheers, Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Glad you got it going!  As for the license.licx file, this is not something we need to provide.  I know that you are probably a bit leary to instal their 6.3.3 update (we have already done this for the release coming out at the end of the week).  But you just need to change your 5 references and recompile the source and you will be good to go.
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)
My problems appear to continue now that I've actually started to try create a DevEx form type.
I've created a new project and added a simple BO. I then tried to create a new "SF DevEX Maintenance Form" and received error - SF02.jpg - notice the reference to DevEx 6.2 (not 6.3). The load continues and I then get error SF03.jpg (again the reference to DevEx 6.2). I then opened the Inherited UI project and it seems to be ok (refer SF04.jpg).
Any ideas?
Peter
Attachments
SF02.JPG (135 views, 206.00 KB)
SF03.JPG (123 views, 394.00 KB)
SF04.JPG (114 views, 232.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
This has nothing to do with the DLLs but the templates.  The templates still have the older reference.  If you ignore the errors and just manually add the references into the solution you will be fine.

The new update will be released by the end of tomorrow (Friday) which will have the templates already updated for you.

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
Hi Trent,

I think I will just wait. I presume you send an e-mail when updates are ready to download?

Cheers, Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
We will send out an email letting you know Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...