Error access data via ES

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm getting a reference error in License Base. I don't know how I can fix that problem.

Here's what I did:

- d/l the es.zip (the second one) that Ben posted, with all the ES files in it

- Stopped the site with ES

- Deleted all the files in my ES folder, except my License file in the bin folder, my datasources and web config files.

- Copied all the files from ES.zip into my folder, except the datasource and web config files

- Started the site

- Restarted IIS

I have no other ES or SF files on this machine.

Here is the stack trace, found at the bottom of the error page returned when attempting to hit the Status.aspx page:

[FileLoadException]: Could not load file or assembly 'MicroFour License Base, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7bb29517c3189d04' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.Status.Status_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.status_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I'm at a loss of what I could have done wrong to get this error. ES was working on this machine prior to upgrading to the version that fixed the null argument problem.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
If you download the es.zip from earlier in this thread (http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8830.aspx) and you do not have anything in your GAC relating to the ES, then you should be good to go.  There isn't anything left on our side that needs to be done.  We have been testing this version and running it for quite some time now and it is working fine.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Trent L. Taylor (05/21/2007)
I was pretty sure that Ben had already given you a resolution on another thread and had posted the assemblies for you. So I am not sure of anything outstanding here.

That would explain the lack of a response! Wink

OK, I'll recap (all in this thread, if more details needed)....

- I was getting the Null argument error

- Ben posted dll with the fix

- I then got another error, ben apparently didn't do build right with obfuscation

- Ben posted full ES folder

- I then got this error:

[quote/Could not load file or assembly 'MicroFour License Base, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7bb29517c3189d04' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)[/quote]

- Ben had some idea about what problem was, but....

- I think I got confused here, thinking Ben wanted me to check GAC, but I think he actually was suggesting putting the license base in GAC???

Anyway that as far as we got, and I'm still stuck with the quoted error above. I got side tracked on something else but I'm back on this now. So, what do I try next?

Thanks!

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
I was pretty sure that Ben had already given you a resolution on another thread and had posted the assemblies for you.  So I am not sure of anything outstanding here.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Status on this? I'd really like to get this resolved in the next day or so.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Got it. That is good. I was checking because Ben is trying to run down a problem I'm having and (I think) he wanted to make sure I didn't have some other version hanging around in GAC. Any progress on that Ben? Anything I need to do/test?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Greg,

We do not store any of the MicroFour assemblies in the GAC when installing the ES.  It actually reduces the complexity of the ES and installation process and ultimately makes it easier to migrate a single ES server forward while leaving another in tact in the future.  You will find the MicroFour DLLs in the Bin folder of the ES install.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
No Microfour dlls in the GAC. (c:\windows\assembly right?)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
OK, what I have found so far is that the DLL version referenced does not exactly match the binary for the DLL that was found... does the machine have MicroFour License Base.dll in the GAC?  It might need to be removed, or the one that is in that ZIP file might need to be put into the GAC.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Well, by golly, that's a new one.  Give me a bit...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...