Error access data via ES

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I getting a very reproducible (on my side anyway) error side when attempting to access some data via ES. Other data is accessed fine. Here is the error reported to the client:

BusinessLayerException

An error occurred while refreshing the data from field 'ProjectOrganizationBO.Owner' to property 'Text' on control 'txtOwner.'

BusinessLayerException

An error occurred while refreshing property 'Text' to control 'txtOwner'

TargetInvocationException

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

CryptographicException

Bad Data.

Source : MicroFour StrataFrame Business

Stack Trace:

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptogaphicException(Int32 hr)

at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._DecryptData(SafeKeyHandle hKey, Byte[] data, Int32 ib, Int32 cb, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode PaddingMode, Boolean fDone)

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.Stream.ReadByte()

at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBoolean()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.BaseResults.ReadDataFromStream(BinaryReader Reader)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.ExecuteScalarResults.ReadDataFromStream(BinaryReader Reader)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.ExecuteScalarResults.CreateFromStream(BinaryReader Reader)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.?(BaseParams A_0, RemoteDataSourceCommand A_1)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.?(DbCommand A_0, Boolean A_1, String A_2)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.ExecuteScalar(DbCommand Command)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.ExecuteScalar(DbCommand CommandToExecute)

at FOXSystems.RAMS.BusinessObjects.Project.ProjectOrganizationBO.get_Owner() in E:\FoxSystems\RAMS\RAMS.NET\BusinessObjects\Project\ProjectOrganizationBO.vb:line 387

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)

at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.ReflectionPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component)

at System.Windows.Forms.BindToObject.GetValue()

at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PushData(Boolean force)

at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.ReadValue()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.RefreshValue(Control ControlToRefresh, String PropertyName)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.RefreshControl(IBusinessBindable ControlToRefresh, Boolean DataPresent)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.RefreshBoundControls()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.raise_Navigated(NavigatedEventArgs e)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.OnNavigated(NavigatedEventArgs e)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.Navigate(BusinessNavigationDirection Direction, Int32 AbsoluteIndex, Object[] PrimaryKeyValues, Boolean AttemptToCheckRules, Boolean IsRefill)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.NavigateToPrimaryKey(Object[] PrimaryKeyValues)

at FOXSystems.RAMS.MitaAnalysis.OrgTools.SynchBoToTree(TreeView anyTree, BusinessLayer anyBO) in E:\FoxSystems\RAMS\RAMS.NET\MitaAnalysis\OrgTools.vb:line 421

at FOXSystems.RAMS.MitaAnalysis.MITAWizardPages.OrgDefinePage.tvwOrg_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e) in E:\FoxSystems\RAMS\RAMS.NET\MitaAnalysis\MITAWizardPages\OrgDefinePage.vb:line 303

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Here is the error reported via ES:

ArgumentNullException

Object Graph cannot be null.

Parameter name: graph

Source : mscorlib

Stack Trace:

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.ExecuteScalarResults.WriteDataToStream(BinaryWriter Writer)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.RemoteDataSource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Some info about what is going on:

- This error does not happen if I connect directly.

- If I step through the code, the error occurs on the line that fills the data table of the BO.

- The Owner property is actually a custom property that is doing a separate ExecuteScalar command to get that value.

- txtOwner is bound to the Owner property.

Any ideas why this isn't working with ES?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Greg McGuffey - 17 Years Ago
StrataFrame Team - 17 Years Ago
                         OK, here are all of the DLLs that are part of the server, just in case...
                         Your license file will still work. If you're still having problems...
                             This is the error being returned when attempting to look at the status...
                                 And it doesn't work...get a 500 error (internal error)
                                     Well, by golly, that's a new one. Give me a bit...
                                         OK, what I have found so far is that the DLL version referenced does...
                                             No Microfour dlls in the GAC. (c:\windows\assembly right?)
                                                 Greg, We do not store any of the MicroFour assemblies in the GAC when...
Trent L. Taylor - 17 Years Ago
                                                     Got it. That is good. I was checking because Ben is trying to run...
                                                         Status on this? I'd really like to get this resolved in the next day...
                                                             I was pretty sure that Ben had already given you a resolution on...
                                                                 [quote][b]Trent L. Taylor (05/21/2007)[/b][hr]I was pretty sure that...
                                                                     If you download the es.zip from earlier in this thread (...
                                                                         I'm getting a reference error in License Base. I don't know how I can...
                                                                             OK, the version that I sent you is the same version that we are using...
                                                                                 No microfour files anywhere but in the installation folder (and the...
                                                                                     Spoke too soon...Nothing in the GAC, but all the mircofour dlls where...
Larry Caylor - 17 Years Ago
                         Nope, didn't get it. That email is feeling a bit sick. Sent you a pm...
                             OK, here's the ES site with the refreshed manifest for the MicroFour...
                                 Thanks for help Ben! It is working now.