Error access data via ES

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for help Ben! It is working now.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
OK, here's the ES site with the refreshed manifest for the MicroFour License Base.dll.
Attachments
Enterprise Server.zip (143 views, 699.00 KB)
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Nope, didn't get it. That email is feeling a bit sick. Sent you a pm with alternate email and phone. Thanks!
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
I sent you an email to your dev@ email address yesterday... did you get it?  I'd like to setup a screen sharing session with you if possible.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Anything more I can do to help figure out the problem...experiments to try, incantations to say???!? Alien
StrataFrame Team
S
Yes, once we get this resolved, there is a fix for the error you are experiencing, Larry.  We just have to figure out what is causing Greg so much grief.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm having a problem that is likely related to the issue that started this thread. I use ExecuteScalar in a couple of places to populate custom properties in a BO. It works fine when connected directly to the DB but fails to return values when connected via ES. While it's annoying to my users it's not a critical error and given the issues that Greg is having I'm reluctant to update ES and risk brining down my entire application. I'm waiting to hear how this all turns outUnsure

-Larry

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Spoke too soon...Nothing in the GAC, but all the mircofour dlls where in the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.Net Files\root\.... (6 more folders deep) folder. I deleted them, restarted IIS. Same error.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
No microfour files anywhere but in the installation folder (and the zip file).
StrataFrame Team
S
OK, the version that I sent you is the same version that we are using on our test servers.  Do you have the MicroFour License Base.dll in the GAC?  If it's in the GAC, the ES will be pulling it from there and ignoring the one that is in the bin\ folder... and if it wasn't updated to that version, will cause the ES to fail.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...