(SF Maintenance Form) ContextMenuStrip synchronized with the MaintenanceFormToolStrip

Author
Rogerio Mauri
StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi...

I want to suggest the inclusion of this functionality in the SF Maintenance: A ContextMenuStrip control synchronized with the MaintenanceFormToolStrip.

The alterations made in the properties of MaintenanceFormToolStrip (example: IncludeSaveAndUndoButtons) would be synchronized in ContextMenuStrip. The events and methods also.

I justify the inclusion of this functionality to be able to use to advantage the resource of the ShortcutKeys of ContextMenuStrip control.

In the example that I am sending, the commands Novo(Ins) and Exclui(Del) are with its marked properties of visualization as false.
They are there only for being able to interpret keyboard keys INS and DEL respectively.

In ContextMenuStrip control the developer could only modify the properties of shortcutkeys, changing its options.

It forgives me if the translation of the Portuguese for the English, made in the AltaVista Translation, was not good. Blush

Rogério Mauri (From Brazil)

Rogério Mauri Smile

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is a good idea and I could see the need for it.  I cannot tell you if or when this would be introduced into the released product, but it will definitely go before the development and enhancement meetings.  Thanks for your ideas Smile
Rogerio Mauri
Rogerio Mauri
StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)
Tks, Trent...

This is a really important functionality, that speeds the edition of data and the navigation in the form.

Rogério Mauri BigGrin

www.licitec.com.br

Rogério Mauri Smile

Rogerio Mauri
Rogerio Mauri
I wait that this functionality is present in the next version (1.6.2). Wink

Rogério Mauri Smile

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
As I had mentioned in an earlier post, this really is a good idea, but I am not sure that it will make it into the next build.  Though this has not been pulled from the table and may very well be included in future builds, there is still some debate as to how this may be implemented in a fashion that will work in a more global fashion as it will have to be a separate control and quite frankly, may be easier for developers to implement their own context menu themselves to suite their needs.  But this doesn't mean that it will not be a feature in a future release, but I am fairly condifent that it will not appear in the next build.  I hope that you understand where we are coming from and that this makes sense.  Please continue to give us your great ideas!
Rogerio Mauri
Rogerio Mauri
Good idea, only...  Crying

Rogério Mauri Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...