ES Server was down

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My companies ES server went down tonight at around 5pm PST. The error was related to the being unable to contact the 'activate.micro4.com' server.

This doesn't seem like it should happen, that if you licensing server goes down, my server goes down as well. Please advise if there was some configuration I should have done or if there was some other issue I could address. My ES server was attempting to contact 'activate.micro4.com' whenever a user attempted to login (maybe other times as well, but we never got past login).
Replies
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Trent, so far all looks good. The issue I was having with FillMultipleDataTables seems to be fixed. Haven't tested the issue with the activation server yet.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Good.  The activation server part won't fail any more.  This was just a bug under certain conditions...we really try hard to never let the server die.  We just missed a spot, so it is now fixed and all is well Smile
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
...We just missed a spot, so it is [now] fixed and all is well

Glad to be of service! Wink

(finding the bug!) w00t
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I fixed my post typo BigGrin...boy, you are keeping toes lately Tongue
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                 I got your email andwe will take a gander at it ;)
                     Any progress?
                         Working on a reproduction...I will let you know when I have something...
                             Thanks!
                                 We have found the location that could cause this to fail and will be...
                                     Thanks Trent! I do have an immediate need for this. :ermm:
                                         I have posted a build that addresses both of the issues that you have...
                                             Trent, so far all looks good. The issue I was having with...
                                                 Good. The activation server part won't fail any more. This was just a...
                                                     [quote]...We just missed a spot, so it is [now] fixed and all is well...
                                                         I fixed my post typo :D...boy, you are keeping toes lately :P