BOs have value of Nothing on Page Load

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Andrew,

I think that there may be more of a setup issue here in regards to setting up a web project.  Since this could have turned into a really long post, I have created you a sample.  I used the VS2010 C# template and created this sample.  I created a business object project and a web project.  If you look the ApplicationBasePage, you will see how the BO is defined in C#.

This sample uses the StrataFrameSample database and the customers table.  Also, if you run into any issues, let me know and I can give you a beta build.  We will be pushing out a build before long that has a number of fixes, etc.  Including some C# web templates that were being a little argumentative Smile But I don't think that this has anything to do with your current issue.

Let me know.  Thanks.
Attachments
AndrewSample.zip (56 views, 97.00 KB)
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I created the same project using VS2008 and checked what the generated default.aspx inherits from. In this case 

Inherits="WebApplication13._Default"

I then changed the VS2010 default.aspx to use the same setting and it no longer generates the error and displays correctly.

I have not been able to determine the problem with the BOs defined in ApplicationBasePage.vb not being instantiated when a form loads. The same pages work correctly when copied to VS2008 and recompiled.

Is VS2008 the preferred option for web development at this stage?

Are there any other values that are generated by the Strataframe Web Application template in VS2010 that have to be changed to get it working correctly?

TIA

Andy

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

Suspect I have missed something obvious here but have not been able to find the cause.

I created a SF Web Application project in VS2010 and have created a SF webform based on a master page.

I added the business object definitions to the application base page.

I set the page I created to the "Start Page" for the app. When I run the app and look in the debugger the BOs have a value of "Nothing" in the page load event.  I looked at the sample web application but could locate where the BOs are being instantiated when the application starts.    

If I set the Start Page to Default.Aspx I get an error when I try to run the application:

What am I missing?

TIA,

Andy
Attachments
parse_error.png (78 views, 7.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...