Tried New VISX with VS 2013 and Win 10

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have gotten this before. I even got it when I was using Win 7. I never really knew what to do but I was always able to get by saving and restarting VS a couple of times. I never reported it here since I thought it was a VS problem. I have not had it for some time or I have not used a combobox for a while but just Sunday I used one with Win 8.1 and I be darned if I did not have it. But again I got out of VS a couple of times and it went away. 
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Ben,
I am also getting the exception below when clicking on a ComboBox.PopulationDataSourceSettings when trying to populate the Business Objects.  Unfortunately I am not able to setup the List Population due to this exception.

NullReferenceException
  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility

Stack Trace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.ExtensibilityBasics.ᜃ()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.ExtensibilityBasics.GetTypeInternal(String TypeName, IServiceProvider Provider)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.ExtensibilityBasics.GetMethodsOnTypeForListPopulation(String TypeFullName, IServiceProvider Provider, ListControl ComboToPopulate)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.ListPopulationEditorDialog.ᜃ()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Extensibility.ListPopulationEditorDialog.ᜁ(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

Edhy Rijo

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Hi Ben,

I am getting the same issue as Edhy with VS2015, Windows7 Ultimate.

Also, I got the following error when trying to run the "Create StratFrame Toolbox Tab" menu option

I had to create the toolbox tabs manually.

Best regards,

Andy
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Hi Ben,

This issue is a show stopper with VS2015, hope you are available to take a look at this one.

Thanks!!!

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Ben,

I am getting some errors when trying to select a BindingField from the list in a text field, also when trying to access a BO.RequiredFields collection.

Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object:"

I am using the following:
VS2015 Enterprise
.Net 4.6
VB.NET

Also, so you know since I installed the VISX in VS2013, I opened another solution in VS2013 and the Type Editors are working fine, so the issue is with VS2015.

Edhy Rijo

Attachments
Extensibility Error 1.jpg (118 views, 158.00 KB)
Extensibility Error 2.jpg (113 views, 117.00 KB)
Edited 9 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)StrataFrame User (271 reputation)
I don't know about an expert but I have done my share of installing uninstalling changing and trying many different options. 
I really just hope this saves others time and effort. Then it was all worth it.
Of course I also hope it helps Ben and his team to create the install that will fly no matter what the situations.
Thanks again.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Ben, probably later on, you would be able to configure that if the product is already installed, to give us the option to re-install or abort installation.

Maybe if we choose to install it through Windows Installer.  I think the only way to get a VISX to update is to increment the version.  It's pretty handy, but pretty limited in customization.
Edhy Rijo
E
Hey Terry, you are also becoming an expert in VISX installation Smile

My guess is that probably you tried installing the first version of the VISX and it crashed, once removed, the new installation finished properly.

Ben, probably later on, you would be able to configure that if the product is already installed, to give us the option to re-install or abort installation.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
That worked. 
Now you have more Info about how these things all work.
Thank you again.
Buffie
Buffie
I saw it and I will try your solution and I will let you know.

TIA.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...