VS 2015 and SF 1.7 Issue

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
When you are using Jing, it will upload the video to its own cloud service, then it will give you a link to watch the video, you post that link.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
I got it. Thanks
Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Finally figured out how to share the video with Edhy's Help. Thank you.CustomBindingError
Michael Reese
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
Will we ever receive a made for VS 2015 Install? Installing and getting the SF patch on my Win 10 VS 2015 dev environment seems to be a science project alone. I get it installed and one thing or another fails. I spend more time tinkering SF config than actual work. I guess my second question is, is this all for nothing as SF 2.0 has been promised for years now. 

Frustrated 
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi All,

FYI, Ben was able to fix the issue with the Custom Business Binding Source, I just test it and it is working as expected, to update your StrataFrame installation the following worked for me just fine:
  1. From VS, uninstall the "MicroFour StrataFrame" extension from the "Tools->Extensions and Updates" menu.
  2. Download the new VSPackage.zip package from this thread: http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic33068.aspx
  3. Install the VS package MicroFour StrataFrame Package.vsix
  4. Copy the files MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll and MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll from your zip file to the Common files MicroFour StrataFrame folder.  In my Windows 10 Pro x64, the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\ for x86 Windows should be C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\
  5. Run the Developer Command Prompt for VS2015 as Administrator
  6. Uninstall old assemblies registration with the following commands:
    • gacutil.exe /uf "MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns"
    • gacutil.exe /uf "MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility"
  7. Install and Force new assemblies registration from the Common Files folder with these commands:
    • gacutil.exe /if "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll" /f
    • gacutil.exe /if "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll" /f
Michael, trust me, I do understand the frustrations that all these steps may cause, specially if at the end, it doesn't work for you, but if you follow the instructions carefully and open the VS Developer Command Prompt as Administrator, you will be done in no time.

Be aware that this update also fixes previous one since we are basically replacing the AddIns and Extensibility assemblies which contains all previous functionality.  So if you need to re-install StrataFrame later on, you will need to repeat this process after running the original installation, so keep these notes on a safe spot.

Good luck everybody and thanks again to Ben for the fixes.

Edited 7/22/2016: Reorganized the steps above to include step # 3.

Edhy Rijo

Edited 8 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Buffie
Buffie
Edhy is the Add in and Extensibility file the same as we have had with this type of prior install or did you get a new set of them also?

TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Terry,

Buffie (2/16/2016)
Edhy is the Add in and Extensibility file the same as we have had with this type of prior install or did you get a new set of them also?

No they are not the same, they include all the fixes available, basically we are just replacing those 2 files, but to be able to use them we have to unregister previous references and register the new ones.

Edhy Rijo

Edited 8 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Buffie
Buffie
Works on my machine also.
Thanks Ben and Edhy.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...