DataBase Deployment Toolkit Error

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have not used this in a while but I need to change a table structure and I went to DataBase Deployment ToolKit and found the Database I needed to edit this morning and I get the following error.

TypeInitializationException
  The type initializer for 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEAssembliesBO' threw an exception.
FileNotFoundException
  Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileNotFoundException
  Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source     : StrataFrame BO

Stack Trace: 

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEAssembliesBO..cctor()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEAssembliesBO..ctor(IContainer Container)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog.InitializeComponent()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog..ctor(Int32 ProfilePK)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DatabaseMain.OpenDialog(Int32 ProfilePK)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DatabaseMain.ShowProfileOpenDialog()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It says it could not load "Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum". I am not sure what to try? I know it exists on my machine as the image shows.
Any help would be appreciated. Win 10 Pro - Visual Studio 17
Attachments
SqlServerSqlEnum.PNG (238 views, 43.00 KB)
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,
The DDT uses the Microsoft Shared Management Objects (SMO) and it looks like yours are not registered.

You could try to repair them via the Add/Remove program or re-download them from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52676 and install:
  • ENU\x64\SharedManagementObjects.msi
  • ENU\x86\SharedManagementObjects.msi

I would try to repair them first, the DDT uses a very specific version of the SMO.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)
I tried to repair the SMO and I tried to repair the whole SQLExpress installation and I still get the same error. I even downloaded a complete install package from Microsoft.

Is the next choice Uninstalling and reinstalling SQLExpress?

Ben, maybe you could chime in with any ideas you might have?

TIA.
Buffie
Buffie
Is there another way to find out if SMO has been installed or installed correctly?
TIA
Buffie
Buffie
This pretty well has gotten me completely Stopped. I have a new Win 10 Pro machine. I have reinstalled Win 10 and got all the required .Net Versions and tried installing SqlExpress2014 and I still don't get the SMO from Microsoft installed. I have completely reinstalled Win 10 Pro and then installed Visual Studio 2017 and got all the required .Net Versions and then installed SQLExpress2014 and I don't get the SMO from Microsoft installed. Of course without SMO Strataframe Database Deployment does not work. Can not proceed with BO's and so forth.

Does anybody have a clue as to what I should do??? 
TIA
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,
Sorry I got pretty busy and forgot to post something here.

Please read the whole forum in this thread http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost33478.aspx

If you haven't download and install my custom SF setup for Windows 10 and look at other threads for manually registering all the SF assemblies, I am almost sure this may fix your issue.

Sorry you had to go to trouble of re-installing everything, that is a major decision.
BigGrin

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
No problem. I think I have used all of the correct stuff but since I have a pretty clean vanilla machine I will go through it again. Thanks for the notes.
Edhy Rijo
E
I believe my custom setup will install the SMO used by the DDT.

Also take a look at this post and download the SMO from there and see if that works for you.
http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost32382.aspx

What version of SQL Server are you using?

Please let me know if it works.

Edhy Rijo

Edited 7 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Buffie
Buffie
SqlExpress 2014
Thanks for the other info. Will try tomorrow.
Buffie
Buffie
What makes me wonder about all of this is spelled out in the images. 
When I run Regedit and look under Local Machine - Software - Microsoft - Microsoft SQL Server, on my last development machine I had SMO but notice on the new machine SMO2.
What is going on with that?
Attachments
SMO.PNG (210 views, 10.00 KB)
SMO2.PNG (208 views, 7.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...