Janus Controls Wrapper

Author
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Thanks everyone for helping me through the forum posts, I'm attaching the source code of a wrapper I'm working on. The Janus Grid Control is still a work in progress since I'm working on a several enhancements.

I'm open to suggestions and criticism too Hehe

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion

Attachments
Fabrizio Galanti
Fabrizio Galanti
StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

how can i use your wrapper?

Thanks

Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Hi Fabrizio

In the first place you need to have a license of the Janus Windows Controls V.3.5, so you can reference the assemblies correctly in the source project I posted.

Then, you need to build the project to generate a dll that you will need to add in the Visual Studio tool box.

And last you can add any of the wrapped controls to your StandarForms or UserControls.

If you need screenshots just let me know.

Cheers

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Fabrizio Galanti
Fabrizio Galanti
StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (15 reputation)

Hello Guillermo,

you have any update for your wrapper? especially for the GridEX?

tnx
Fabrizio Galanti
Fabrizio Galanti
Fabrizio Galanti (06/25/2008)

Hello Guillermo,

you have any update for your wrapper? especially for the GridEX?

tnx

And Timeline BigGrin
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Fabrizio,

There really isn't any reason to wrap a grid. Just use a BusinessBindingSource to talk to the grid directly. No wrapper needed BigGrin.

Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
Dustin is right,

The Janus GridEX is a monster, and with the BusinessBindigSource works just great!!. Cool

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Fabrizio Galanti
Fabrizio Galanti
Hello Guillermo Vilas,

I'm trying to use the Janus combobox wrapped using this example.

With the combobox Janus me back the following error:

InvalidCastException

Impossibile eseguire il cast di oggetti di tipo 'System.Object[]' sul tipo 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBoxItem[]'.

Source : MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper

Stack Trace:

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.PushDataSourceItemsToComboDisplay() in C:\Users\Fabrizio\Desktop\MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper\Janus\UIComboBox.vb:riga 544

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.PopulateComboBox() in C:\Users\Fabrizio\Desktop\MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper\Janus\UIComboBox.vb:riga 502

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.set_ValueMember(String value) in C:\Users\Fabrizio\Desktop\MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper\Janus\UIComboBox.vb:riga 379

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.SetDataSource(Object DataSource, String DisplayMember, String ValueMember)

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListControl.PopulateComboFromBusinessObject(IListControl lstControl, Object[] Parameters)

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListControl.PopulateCombo(Control lstControl, Object[] Parameters)

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.PopulateCombo(Object[] Parameters) in C:\Users\Fabrizio\Desktop\MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper\Janus\UIComboBox.vb:riga 918

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.Requery() in C:\Users\Fabrizio\Desktop\MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper\Janus\UIComboBox.vb:riga 899

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.JanusControls.UIComboBox.InitializeObject() in C:\Users\Fabrizio\Desktop\MicroFour StrataFrame Janus Wrapper\Janus\UIComboBox.vb:riga 883

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BaseForm.InitializeFormLoadObjects()

in MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BaseForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)

in System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I use combobox StrataFrame everything works regularly.

You can help me?

Thank you

Fabrizio

P.S. Janus gridEx to explain to you my problem in the future
Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
Hi Fabrizio,

I will check the error, though I don´t use the janus combobox very often since Strataframe added the multicolumn functionality to their combobox.

PS. What are you planning to do with the GridEx? Smile

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Honestly I don't know that I would even try to use their combo box as you will lose all of the automated populated features of the SF combo....which is extremely nice when you get into application development.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...