Who's going to Amarillo in July ?

Author
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
You tell me!!!

I saw all those too. Crazy

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am wondering, what hotel are you guys going to?

I am thinking about #11 Residence Inn by Marriott (Recommended) or #10 Quality Inn & Suites (This one is not recommended in the list).

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm booked at the Hampton Inn (AAA discount) across I-40 from Microfour (looks like an easy walk ... dodging trucks) 

I'm coming in about 8 pm Sunday.  Since the hotel is so close to the class and I don't imagine Amarillo nightlife is going to be that tempting (plus I know how intense the classes can get) I don't think I'm going to rent a car, probably makes more sense just to get a cab from the airpost (going out Saturday morning)  Anybody with similar arrival and departures who wants to split a cab let me know.

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Oh, and I think when I booked about two or three weeks ago the Marriots were all full.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Charles R Hankey (06/15/2008)
I'm booked at the Hampton Inn (AAA discount) across I-40 from Microfour (looks like an easy walk ... dodging trucks) 

I'm coming in about 8 pm Sunday.  Since the hotel is so close to the class and I don't imagine Amarillo nightlife is going to be that tempting (plus I know how intense the classes can get) I don't think I'm going to rent a car, probably makes more sense just to get a cab from the airpost (going out Saturday morning)  Anybody with similar arrival and departures who wants to split a cab let me know.

Hi Charles,

I have reservations for the Hampton and Quality Inn, my partner Doron Farber will be at the Quality Inn, price is a bit cheeper there. 

I have two concerns:

1. Which one of this two hotel is closer to MicroFour?
  2. Why Quality Inn & Suites was not recommended my MicroFour based on the class information map?  This one I had a little chat with Trent, and the only thing he can remember is maybe poor Internet connection.

Overall price range would be around $25.00 which I would not mind if Hampton Inn is closer to the class so we can walk in.

Also they both have shuttle service to/from the airport.  I am arriving Sunday morning around 11:30.

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Here's my rate at the Hampton

Rate Type:
      AAA RATE-ID REQUIRED
Rate per night:98.10 USD
Total for Stay per Room:
     Rate588.60 USD 
     Taxes88.29 USD 
     Total676.89 USD 

Total for Stay:676.89 USD 
Includes estimated taxes and service charges.

Google maps make it look like it is just a block up to the underpass of the freeway and then a block down to Microfour (they are directly across the freeway from each other)  Seems a reasonable walk, even for an old guy like me Smile

Glad to hear about the shuttle.  In that case, I think I'll see if I can do it without a car.  Plan to be in full geek mode and just concentracting on soaking up all the SF / .NET I can.  Big project coming up right after class and I am appropriately terrified/motivated w00t

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Charles, you are correct in that it is just across the highway from our location and would be an easy walk...you will just want to try and dodge the cars buzzing by in both directions Smile  In all seriousness though, it isn't a far walk...even if you are being safe BigGrin
Doron Farber
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)
Hi All,

I also will be joining the Gang In Amarillo for the July training. I worked with Visual ProMatrix frame work and for the FoxPro for 2.6 or below worked with the Fox Express, and was one of the first people that got involve with that.Smile

Lately I moved to the .Net and I wished I moved a bit earlier.

Regards,

Doron
http://www.dfarber.com

Doron Farber
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)
Hi Trent,

I assume each one of us will have a connection to the internet while we do the training right?Hehe RJ45 or wirelless conncetion works great for us.BigGrin

Regards,

Doron
http://www.dfarber.com

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You will have a wireless connection and we have a limited number of RJ45 connections.  Wireless will be the preferred method.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...