Who's going to Amarillo in July ?

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Starting to get very psyched up for the training class in July and just wondered who all is going?  (Ivan needs to kow how much beer to bring) 

Would just be curious about other attendees, level of experience, kind of work you do, what you will be particularly looking for in the class, that kind of stuff. 

I have a feeling I'm going to find out there is a whole lot more to the framework and what it can do than I have so far imagined (and I have a pretty good imagination Smile )

Anyway, I'm Charles Hankey.  I am an independant business consultant in Cleveland, OH.  An old guy who had a number of other careers in the US and abroad before I started designing software applications 25 years ago.  I do most of my work right now in VFP using the Visual FoXExpress framework with a SQL Server back end and besides my own client work I teach VFE for F1 Technologies and mentor VFE developers on their projects.

I am a real beginner in .NET but convinced I've made a good choice in using Strataframe to both flatten the learning curve and get me productive quickly.

I have a major client right now with whom I am spec'ing out a very big project - in Strataframe and SQL Server - so I'm very motivated Smile

Would always be glad to hear from other here or at charleshankey@f1tech.com

See you in Texas!

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I'll be there.

I am mostly looking to advance my .NET and SF knowledge, I was a real .NET noob the last course 2 years ago and as such grasped mostly just the concepts, not the juicy core Smile

I am looking to absorb the knowledge Trent and Ben ooze, make sure I am doing things "the right way", learn some new tricks and get free beer.

Progamming is my #1 love but my job responsibilites often take me away from that for long stretches so I am using this course to learn "what it is I dont know, that I dont know" and make sure our internal and customer projects are the best they can be.

I have been a progammer for about 9 years now, VFP and Access/Java before .NET. I'm 35 and before my IT career I was a chef.

See you there!

Keith Chisarik

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I'm Ivan, the beer deliverer. The most important person to be there. Tongue

Oh, yeah... FP26, VFP, .NET and a completely confused brain changing IDEs many times a day.

Hobbies? Attending SF classes.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi,

Sure I'll be there Smile  I have been working with VFP for many years and over 10+ years using the Visual ProMatrix framework.  I am a true believer of frameworks. 

I am also new to .NET & SF, but so far things are starting to make sense and my current project is going fine. 

There is a lot to learn, so this will be fun. 

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I am trying to rework my schedule so I can attend also w00t

Tongue Just kidding (not on the being ther but rather that I would actually NOT be there) ...I am already working on the new training materials that I intend to cover.  Anyway, I would never miss an event where Ivan would be buying the beer BigGrin

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Don't forget to include a Table of Contents! BigGrin
Howard Bennett
Howard Bennett
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)

Charles,

I'll be there as well...  I've read many of your posts on the UT.  It will be nice to meet you in person.

This is my second time.  These guys are tremendous in the way the run this week.  There's a lot of information and you will leave with a much better understanding of how to use the framework and some of the things you can do with it.

I'm a beginner in all this as well and am hoping to see some of the new things and how they all work together.  I've used VFP for several years now and work as the sole programmer for a medical case management company.

See you in July!

HB

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Hi Charles et al.

Plan to be there also.My name is Gerard O Carroll from Dublin, Ireland. Backround Cobol  and Punched Cards (way back when) and VFP for the last 15 years or so. Looking forward to trip to USA and plan on going over on Wed before the course ,Training it down from Chicago to Dallas. Looking forward to the trip , sightseeing and the course. See you all there

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Gerard.

Backround Cobol  and Punched Cards

I got to do Fortran and puched cards... fun, wasn't it? Hehe

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Ah yes... I did a a bit of Fortran in college also..and also a language called ALGOL  cannot remember exactly what that was... then moved decidedly downhill to an assembly language on Burroughs machines called SL3 and SL5......We have come a long way , hav'nt we ??
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...