AccessViolationException in BOM v1.6.5.3

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am getting the following error:

AccessViolationException
  Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Source     : EnvDTE

Stack Trace:
   at EnvDTE.ProjectItem.get_Name()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderDialog.ᜁ(Project A_0, String A_1)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderDialog.ᜁ(String A_0, Project A_1)

AccessViolationException
  Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Source     : EnvDTE

Stack Trace:
   at EnvDTE.ProjectItem.get_Name()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderDialog.ᜁ(Project A_0, String A_1)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.AddIns.PartialClassBuilderDialog.ᜀ(String A_0, String A_1, Project A_2)

I get the error when right click a BO in BOM and choose Rebuild, and after the error the BOM Results forms show everything as OK, but the BO classes are not rebuild.

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
It looks like an environment issue trying to access your project information.

Does this happen to all of your development machines or just the one? When did it start?

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Dustin,

I only have one development machine.  I was working with one project which I had to rename its name all over using the Find and Replace, so far the project worked just fine, not error at compilation level, and it ran just fine.  Then when using the BOM I started getting that error.

I even tried with other projects and got the same BOM error, so it looks like that the renamed process of the previous project caused some problem with the SF BOM data. 

Should I look for any reference in the SF database for my previous project's name related to the BOM metadata?

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Dustin,

For the record, I am not able to do anything with the BOM, I am still getting those error messages with any project I use and try to generate the BO.

Is there anything I could try to fix this?

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Just in case this has something to do with the SF database, you can download a copy of my SF database here.

I also removed SF and re-installed with the latest version available, but still  I am not able to use the BOM to generate the partial classes.

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Dustin, Trent,

I would really appreciate if you can take a look at this issue.  I am stock and not able to use the BOM with any project.

I installed the latest SF released today.

Thanks! Tongue

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you! Trent's in a meeting all morning, I'll grab him to get another set of eyes on it once he gets out.

In the mean time, what did you rename your project from and to? I'm looking through your strataframe database and don't see any funkyness so far, just need to know what to look for.

Thanks!

Edhy Rijo
E
Thank you Dustin.

The orignal project name started with atr_crm and this was replaced with FixTrack.  I replaced all occurrences of atr_crm in the solution and all projects, also I did the same in the SF database.

Then after that, I get the original error posted in 1st tread for all BOM projects.  Just to confirm, the project is compiling and running fine with no errors, only the BOM is complaining here Cool

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
I uploaded a video of what is happening with the BOM in this case.

http://www.progytech.com/videos/SF_BOM_AccessViolationError\SF_BOM_AccessViolationError.htm

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
Ok, Trent took a look at this and he actually isn't sure the issue is within the strataframe database. To test that. Backup your existing strataframe database and then create a new (blank) one. From there, go into the BOM and try to create a new project for your FixTrack solution, and let's see what happens. If nothing else it will give us a better idea of where the problem lies.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...