AccessViolationException in BOM v1.6.5.3

Author
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Thanks for sharing, Larry.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I thought I'd post my experience with installing InstallAware 2012 on Windows 7 64-bit and VS2010 in case someone else runs into the same issue. After completing the install I received the memory read errors described earlier in this thread when running BO mapper. Running the .Net 2.0 SDK setup program in repair mode fixed the problem. What ever caused this issue in earlier releases of InstallAware is still with us in the latest version.
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Yeah, I've taken to unchecking the "Visual Studio Add-In" component of InstallAware to avoid any potential issues here. We still haven't gotten official confirmation/denial that would confirm InstallAware as the culprit of these issues, but it follows suit with the experience of most here, as well as Trent and myself. 
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Updated...

After installing VS2010 in Windows 7 x64, I installed InstallAware 8.1 and again the BOM stop working with the same errors explained here.

I had to reinstall the .Net 2.0 "en_net_framework_sdk_20_x64.exe" and that fixed the problem with the BOM.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
ow that I know what is needed to get back to Kansas

LOL...I am glad that you mentioned the InstallAware piece. I had been scratching my head profusely (and slapping myself in the face ever now and then) up until that point! I knew that there had to be some common denominator here.

On a good note, I am actually running, with success, at this point with all installed. So it is possible, just painful BigGrin
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Douglas Riley (06/19/2009)
... I may just try installing IA to see if I can recreate the error (now that I know what is needed to get back to Kansas :w00tSmile.

Hi Doug,

In your case, if you have the time I may do just that, install IA and do the following:

1 - Test the BOM

2 - Reboot the computer

3 - Test again the BOM

That may give us a better clue. FYI, I am using IA in the same working computer with VS and SF.

Edhy Rijo

Douglas Riley
Douglas Riley
StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (37 reputation)
Trent,

Sorry I am just getting back to you. I ended up doing a repair of Visual Studio 2008 (praying I did not have to reformat the machine!). I reinstalled everything (Strataframe and Infragistics NetAdvantage 2009) except InstallAware. Went back to my project, opened the BOM and everything worked!

Now I am a little gun shy about installing InstallAware 9 back on this machine unless I can exclude that VS add-in option (or get a separate machine to create IA packages...ugh!). I may just try installing IA to see if I can recreate the error (now that I know what is needed to get back to Kansas :w00tSmile.

Doug
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Thanks for the update, Edhy! Smile
Edhy Rijo
E
Trent L. Taylor (06/19/2009)
Edhy, if you read this post would you comment if this was after your IntsallAware install as well? Thanks!

Hi Trent,

I honestly don't remember if I did something with IA at the time of getting this problem, but that may be the case since I also use IA and may have probably install an update which at any case will simple remove the current installation and install the new one BigGrin

In my case re-installing the .Net 2.0 fixed the problem, don't know if IA could mess with that, but at least now we all have another factor in this case "InstallAware". Probably you could setup a VPC and play with this installing IA.

FYI, my version of IA is: 8.01 (Build Ame - Rej.RTM, 110408).

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
LOL...yeah, I am not holding my breath! But I think this is starting to shed some light.

Edhy, if you read this post would you comment if this was after your IntsallAware install as well? Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...