VFP DBC imports but tables ignored

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Perhaps someone else can confirm :

Importing VFP DBC with very latest 1.66:

tables of selected DBC show in picklist. Whether selecting all or some, no tables are imported into DDT schema. Database created, but no tables.

TIA

w00t

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Just bumping this one. Is there anyone with a VFP database who could try a quick import of a table or 2 into DDT and see if it is coming in? Just need to know if this is something broken in most recent DDT or if for some reason my local version just refused to do VFP tables ( I am in the middle of doing a big VFP - SQL conversion and this would save me a LOT of time )

TIA

BigGrin

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Charles,

I just did the same test per your request and I can confirm the same results as yours, no tables are imported, just the database gets created in the DDT.

Guess you're not dreaming Smile

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Thanks Eddy -

I'm a child of the 60s, so I always like to have my hallucinations confirmed Cool

I think now Dustin or Trent will see this and I would not be surprised if the bug is an easy one to fix.

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
There is obviously something going on, but it is actually working on my end. Any chance you can zip up one of your DBCs that fail along with the associated tables so I can give that a shot?

Thanks! Smile

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Dustin,

Here is a small test that failed on my end.  I am using the latest beta posted.

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
The dbc you posted fails for me as well. DBC is created. No tables.Sad
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)

She works for me. Go figure.

It sounds like it is snuffing an error on the table import, and the only thing that I can think of that would be different between my environment and you guys' is the vfp oledb. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this one, but you guys do have the 9.0 VFP OLEDB driver loaded on your dev machines, right? You can double check by grabbing the one here, installing it, then giving the import another go.

Edhy Rijo
E
Dustin Taylor (09/03/2008)
the only thing that I can think of that would be different between my environment and you guys' is the vfp oledb. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on this one, but you guys do have the 9.0 VFP OLEDB driver loaded on your dev machines, right? You can double check by grabbing the one here, installing it, then giving the import another go.

Nope, I just downloaded the VFPOleDB from your link, installed, re-import and nothing.  I guess you may be running a newest DDT Wink

Edhy Rijo

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Same result here. Installed the latest VFPOLEDB from your link, following instructions, told install was successful.

Imports DBC - no tables

Vista and very latest SF

FWIW this is the first build where I've had a problem.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...