Column tr_Schema does not belong to table DBETrigers

Author
Cory Cookson
StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple trigger on Delete using the Database Deployment ToolKit but when I attempt to deploy it I get:

Column tr_Schema does not belong to table DBETrigers

Have I missed something? The following is the body of the trigger. Thanks in advance for the help:

AFTER DELETE

AS

BEGIN

-- Prevent the result count from interfering

SET NOCOUNT ON;

-- Add trigger logic here

if exists (Select 1 from Music m,deleted t

where m.Artist_fk = t.Artist_pk)

Begin

goto error

End

return

error:

raiserror 30006, 'Children exist in Music. Cannot delete this record'

END

Cory Cookson

Software Developer

Occupational Health Research

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Cory,

I totally missed this post until just now...in the future don't be afraid to post a "bump" post if it has been more than a couple of days!

At any rate, it looks as though you have loaded a more recent version of the DDT but didn't update the StrataFrame structures.  Also, you will need to re-create your packages once the new update is installed as well as some of the column structures have changed.  It should be pretty straight forward:

1. Load the new update and be sure to allow the data structures to be updated
  2. Go back into your DDT project and rebuild the deployment package
  3. You should be good to go at this point

Cory Cookson
Cory Cookson
StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (50 reputation)
Hi Trent.

I re-ran the install making sure to let the database deployment happen and although it wiped out my business objects it didn't add the field to DBETriggers.

I also had another developer do a clean install and their local Strataframe DB does not have the field either.

Cory Cookson

Software Developer

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
You are running an EXE that doesn't match the structure.  There is no longer a tr_Schema field in that table:

You can see the structure above.  I would recommend either download the install again and trying again (as I know that this is a solid build) or even trying the 1.6.7 beta.  This sounds like your DatabaseDTK.exe file is not being overridden which could be a permissions issue.  If you go into VS and click on the StrataFrame -> Version menu, it will show which EXE version you are running.  Also, you can see the structure for the DBETriggers table above.  So you have one or the other or both out of sync somehow.

Cory Cookson
Cory Cookson
You are absolutley right.  It looks like when I upgraded the DDT get overwritten correctly for some reason.

Seems to be ok now.

Thank you very much for the help!

Cory Cookson

Software Developer

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Glad you got it figured out Smile
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm running the 1.6.7 beta release and I'm having the same problem when trying to deplpy a trigger. Attached is a screen shot of the software version and error.
Attachments
StrataFrameVersion.png (180 views, 22.00 KB)
DeployError.png (183 views, 13.00 KB)
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
The error message that was displayed is misleading. There was an error in the trigger code that was preventing it from being deployed and not a missing column. Fixed the trigger and everything deployed OK.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Spoke too soon. The DDT deletes triggers with no error message but I still get the error when trying to add a trigger.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
That column that is specified is no longer in use.  So either your data structures are not updated and that column still exists and/or the tr_schema column exists within your PKG file and just needs to be rebuilt.  So start by looking at your data structures in the StrataFrame database in teh DBETriggers table.  The structure should look like this:

Attachments
Triggers.png (172 views, 22.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...