SQL 2008 Support

Author
David Kozikowski
StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Please ADD SQL 2008 Support
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
StrataFrame supports SQL Server 2008, so I am unsure of what specifically you are referring to. Please elaborate, thanks.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Not to hijack but, are the new data types supported in the latest release?

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic25425-12-1.aspx?Highlight=sql2008

Thanks.

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Nope.   As we hashed through some of the emails that went around, this is on the list but we are hoping to have some pretty quick consecutive point releases that will include some more pressing matters.  But we are already re-working the DDT and this is part of that process.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
I am on the latest release and DDT still blows up tryiing to deploy DATE and TIME, also these dont have any default value selections in the DDT.

Can you please let me know what the status is on support for new SQL Server data types? Also would like to expand my inquiry to XML and variant datatype and if they are support and if so how they are to be used via BO Mapper, etc

Thank you.

Keith Chisarik

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Keith.

We are planning on releasing them and will allocate some time this month to look at them. This has been on the radar for a while and is already something the developing team planned to address, as you know. In our list of most pressing to least in regards to overall community impact, this item is close to the top and will be in there very soon. We will make sure you are the first one to know it when it is ready. Wink

One thing could help us all, could you please give me a list of the data types you are most interested in order of priority? FILESTREAM, for example, will require much more time and some business logic changes. So this one will not be in there the same time as some of the new dates, etc.

Cheers.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
In order: VARIANT*, DATE, TIME, XML

We don't plan to use FILESTREAM at this time.

*variant isnt new, but I am putting it in here as I would like to know how to use variant fields with SF, right now it is typed as a XMLReader in the BOMapper and I am not sure how to work with it in that form. It might be supported already, I dont know. I adopted variant as an alternative to XML field type for user customized fields as I figured that might be supported faster than XML

Thanks, I thank you for puting full support for SQL 2008 in the short list.

Keith Chisarik

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
I know that XML and VARIANT were tried before and had som many truncation issues that the VARBINARY was used instead, and it worked far better. A VARCHAR field could also be used. So, when there are XML contents, we would create a VARCHAR (or VARBINARY if preferred) and store that XML content. Then to retrieve the XML content you can use an XMLReader once at client side.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
And thanks, your priorities are going to the list. Wink
William Fields
William Fields
StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)
Hello Ivan,

Can you give us a status on an update to the DDT? We're using the latest version (as of 10/20/10).

We're just starting to build an SQL Server team development environment and intend to use the DDT as our primary tool for development and deployment. However, there is discussion regarding the percieved limitations of the DDT vs using the new Visual Studio 2010 "SQL Server 2008 Database Project" instead.

Any information on DDT improvements and an estimated release date would be helpful to us.

Thanks.
Bill
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...