Devexpress textEdit SF Control in Toolbox

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Edhy.

I suspected that was going to be the answer. I suppose another way might be to include the same functionality in my subclassed Class, but I would have to transform from VB code to C#, and include in my SubClass only, but for now I think I'll take the shortcut easy way out .
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Gerard O Carroll (4/5/2011)
My only concern is that after the next update, all my changes will be over-written by SF uploads.
Is this the case, and if so, is here a way round it.

The only way around it, is to request the SF team to add the same functionality found in similar SF controls to those in DevExpress and Infragistics.  If that is not doable, then, keep a good backup of your modified source code and be very careful when applying updates from SF since those will most likely overwrite your changes.

Edhy Rijo

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
I have , for the first time, amended the SF Source code to give functionality for MaxLength to the Devexpress TextEdit control, and its all working fine.

My only concern is that after the next update, all my changes will be over-written by SF uploads.

Is this the case, and if so, is here a way round it.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Very good Gerard, glad it is working.

Edhy Rijo

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Hi Edhy.

I got this working ok... if you see my last post
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Gerard,

Gerard O Carroll (3/30/2011)
Got a bit further. I updated My Project with the DevEX Converter (V10.2) and now I can see all the SF DEvex Wrapper Controls in the toolbox.
(Still not sure what 'MicroFour StaratFrame Inherited UI' you referred to is and cant see it in Downloads section...is it necessary)

The Inherited UI is the SF source code solution for the DevExpress Wrapper.  If it is working for you, is because the source is using the same DevExpress version 10.2.  But when you get a new version, you must recompile the source to make it use whatever version you may be using.

When I drag across the TextEdit control to my form , i get the attached error. (All other Non SF Devex controls are working fine)

I have only use DevExpress report and Scheduler, so still have not used the SF DevExpress wrapper yet.  Take a look at this post which may have the answer http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost25633.aspx  If this one does not help, search the forum for "TextEdit" there are some other post available.

Please let us know the fix.

Edhy Rijo

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Ok.. after doing a bit of searching around in the forum, I found the 'StartaFrame Inherited UI' solution in the Downloads section...Source Code.

I downloaded it , just to an arbitrary location, Devex Converted it, and I am now able to drag a DevEx control onto the form without an eror !!.

My next job is to have a go at subclassing this , but I've seen some work already done here in the forum, so that should be a help.

Many thanks again for your help
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Hi Edhy.

Got a bit further. I updated My Project with the DevEX Converter (V10.2) and now I can see all the SF DEvex Wrapper Controls in the toolbox.

(Still not sure what 'MicroFour StaratFrame Inherited UI' you referred to is and cant see it in Downloads section...is it necessary)

When I drag across the TextEdit control to my form , i get the attached error. (All other Non SF Devex controls are working fine)
Attachments
Sf_DevEx Error.png (90 views, 167.00 KB)
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi,
It is part of the MicroFour Souce code projects that you can download from your account.

Edhy Rijo

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Hi Edhy

Update the MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI project with the correct DevExpress version using the DevExpress Project Converter.  Hi Edhy

I have updated lots of DevEXpress Projects before (Non SF DEVEX Report Projects) with the convertedrso I am familiar with that. Where do i find the  'MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI project '  . Is this my application project or something different ?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...