Inable to activate license

Author
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi All.

I am trying to start a new project on my client's site. I am trying to get the framework activated here using my USB NIC. I keep getting an error which I assume is being caused by firewall issues. I have already requested a manual activation file, posted a message here on the forum, and sent an e-mail. So far, no response.

I really like Strataframe and would like to use it on this project. However, if I cannot get it activated, I will need to move to another framework because I have got to start working on this.

If anyone can help me out with this, I would surely appreciate it.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Marcia.

Have you deactivated your installed license?
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)StrataFrame User (432 reputation)
Ivan George Borges (10/24/2011)

Have you deactivated your installed license?

Hi Ivan.

Thanks for the quick response. Nice to "see" you again.

Yes, I deactivated my installed license. Is that a problem?
Edited 13 Years Ago by Marcia G Akins
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Yep, always around. http://forum.strataframe.net/Skins/Classic/Images/EmotIcons/Cool.gif

Well, I asked them and your license seems to be activated. But since you are using a USB dongle, if you have activated on it, it should work elsewhere. Have you tried using SF on you original machine with your USB device just to test?
Edited 13 Years Ago by Ivan George Borges
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Well, I asked them and your license seems to be activated. But since you are using a USB dongle, if you have activated on it, it should work elsewhere. Have you tried using SF on you original machine with your USB device just to test?

Interesting. When I wnt into My Account, it says that my license is activated on the machine at my client site. But when I go into the license activation option in Strataframe, it says that the license is not activated. When I try to activate it I get this error:

NullReferenceException
  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source     : MicroFour License Base

Stack Trace:
   at MicroFour.Licensing.ActivationClient.GetActivatableItems(String Email, String Password, String Serial, String MacAddress, String ComputerName)
   at Activate.ActivateMain.GetActivatableItems()

I also get this error when I try to configure the toolbox in visual studio.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
By the exception message, it sounds like it couldn't find any device on the machine which would have a valid MAC address to be used to activate on. But this is just a guess.
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
By the exception message, it sounds like it couldn't find any device on the machine which would have a valid MAC address to be used to activate on. But this is just a guess.

I do not know how it is showing up as activated in "My Account" on the Strataframe web site when locally, it never successfully activated the license and locally it still shows up as not activated. I suspect that this is a firewall issue. That is why I sent the e-mail asking for a manual activation file.

But what do I know Smile ? I know nothing. That is why I am up here asking for help.

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me get this sorted out.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Have you tried deactivating it in the "My Account / Deactivate Licenses" page and then activating it back on the computer?
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Have you tried deactivating it in the "My Account / Deactivate Licenses" page and then activating it back on the computer?

No because this is what it says on the Deactivate licenses page:

Only one web deactivation per license type is allowed every 10 days.

Since I deactivated and tried to re-activate last Friday, won't this leave me hosed as badly as I am right now or worse?
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Hi Ivan.

Thanks so much for alll your help. I finally got my licese activated by getting a manual activation client from Trent. Problem is solved Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...