How to reactivate license (Windows 10)

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Edhy you moved to Win 10, SF 1.7 and VS2013?
I know you posted something like a bat file. Can you explain to me what it really does and why you needed to do it?
TIA
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Terry,

I had Win7 and VS2013, I simply upgraded the OS to Win10 Pro.  I am waiting for SF addins to upgrade to VS2015.

The batch file is basically to re-register SF assemblies in the GAC, for some reason, the assemblies needed to be re-registered, you can accomplish same thing by re-installing SF.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Ok thanks a bunch.

I am about ready to put Win 10 on.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Very important!!!!
As I mentioned before, I have done several Windows 10 upgrades and all of them went pretty good and fast, less than 1 hour after downloading image, but in my computer it took several hours to complete the upgrade, so be sure you will not be using your computer for a while until upgrade is done.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
Alright
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
Ross L Rooker, Sr.(1)
StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (112 reputation)
I just upgraded from 8.1 to win 10. Running this script helped but I am getting a licensing error: Could not load the file or assembly 'Microfour License Base, Version=1.7.0.0, Custure=neutral, Public Key=99fe9917f71608a7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Do I need to deactivate my license and then tur around and reactivate the license?
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Hrm, the MicroFour License Base assembly is not actually the license, but the file that dynamically loads the license and returns the keys to the components that need the license.  The license file is "MicroFour License.dll".  When are you getting this error?  When you launch the DDT, Messaging, RBS Editor, etc?  Or going into the BOMapper?  Or when you try to run the Activation Client.  My guess is that there is a path wrong or something.  
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Russ,
I noticed from your post that you are using SF version 1.7.0.0 and the current version is 1.7.7.1, make sure you have the current assemblies.  I think you should re-run the SF setup so all assemblies will be re-registered.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...