How to reactivate license (Windows 10)

Author
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

All was running fine on my Surface after Windows10 upgrade, but it seems that the first update (the 1st one on W10), I've no longer any StrataFrame license activated. Activation through the web is blocked by some paranoïd Microsoft rule, trying to use GACUTIL with the last license file I received has no effect, and it's now forbidden to drag a file directly in the windows\assembly folder.

Ben, Trent, help please !!!!!!Crying
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Is the license file still out there in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\Strataframe\License folder?
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)StrataFrame User (227 reputation)
Yes, it is still in the folder (but I'm not sure it is the good one, it is a copy from some backup folder)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Let's replace the license file just in case.  Will the activation server let you send a manual activation request?  If not, send me your computer name and MAC address and I'll do it from here.
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
manual activation request is not allowed.. i send you my computer name and MAC address by PM
StrataFrame Team
S
I manually activated it, and it sent it to the @yahoo.fr email we have on file.  Copy the file out to that folder mentioned in the first post and let me know how it works.
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
Ben,

would you please send the zip file by private message here, please? another security rule coming from ???? does not allow the dll in an attachment.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Hi Michael, Ben,

Are you talking here about issues StrataFrame license activation on Windows 10? Not Enterprise License right?

I am about to upgrade my development computer to Windows 10, but would like to know if there will be an issue with SF activation before I do that since I am working with SF daily and would have to postpone the Windows 10 upgrade until the license activation issue have been identified and corrected.

Please any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Edhy Rijo

StrataFrame Team
S
I've just installed Windows 10 on a new development machine here, so I will let you know as the day progresses, Edhy.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...