Problem with Deploying Data

Author
Kevin Lingofelter
StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not sure if this is related to the other posts about data deployment errors. I am not getting any error messages, but when the DDT is finished updateding the schema, the last item in the log says "Preparing Data for Deployment". An error beep occurs and I can't do anything but kill the DDT application.

I am just trying to deploy data from the role based tables using the packaging wizard.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I am getting ready to shove this out the door for testing, but I have to have some data to send along with it.

Thanks!

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yes, we isolated the problem with the role-based security data data failing to deploy during the DDT's deployment process.  I will be building a new install today which will resolve the problem.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am having all kinds of trouble with an install to machine that has never had SF on it before. Most (if not all) have been listed here already and recognized as bugs that have been addressed and will not be in issue with a new release?

When might this be? I would like to know if I should fight all the problems of wait for in install that fixes them, either way I need to be up and running by tomorrow AM on this new box.

Thanks!

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
We are going to publish an update with fixes by the end of the day.  We are going to publish another install by the end of next week which will include some additional enhancements.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
fixes = good, Ill wait for that, thank you.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
I see the update posted to the download area, are there any instructions other than uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks!

Keith Chisarik
Kevin Lingofelter
Kevin Lingofelter
StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (77 reputation)
I am still getting the same error trying to deploy data.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
I am sad to hear that, I have a deadline to get some things done and need 1.5 stable.

Keith Chisarik
Kevin Lingofelter
Kevin Lingofelter
grr..you're not the only one. I've got myself into quite the pickle. Timing for this couldn't be worse.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Guys, we will get you going.  What is your problem I need more detail.

First of all, you can flat out delete the StrataFrameInternal database....it is not longer used.  This may be part of your problem.  Also, StrataFrame 1.5 is stable as we have been using it for a good while ourselves.  If there is something in the install that needs to be fixed then we will get it taken care of and get you going...but as for the release itself, it is very stable.  So what errors are you geting?

Oh...to load the new build, just uninstall the existing 1.5 and then load the new 1.5 update.  To clear out any old DLL references, it might be a good diea to clean your solutions:

1. Right Click on your solution and click "Clean Solution"
  2. Then Rebuild the solution...not just a build

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...