How do you tell if ES is running?

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
400 Bad Request means that you can talk to the server but there is an issue with the license, don't have the encryption keys lined up, or something of that nature generally.  When you see this message it is generally a configuration error.  If you go to the status page of the ES on the server, is your license activated?

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It appears the license is fine. I says it is active until 11/20/2007.

I'm wondering if I have the wrong host name. If I put in "ramstest.foxsys.com" I get a 404 error, file not found. If I put in "ramstest.foxsys.com/StrataFrameES" I get the 400, bad request (in the app .net client). The license is under "ramstest.foxsys.com". I thought I didn't need to have the virtual folder.

I triple checked the keys and they line up.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Guys, I really would like to figure this out today. I gotta be close. The sooner I get this working, the sooner I can test it, the sooner I can figure out if I need to buy it. BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
The problem is that your host name is incorrect.  It must include the host name and the virtual name as well.  However you get to the site...the license must be activated to match exactly!  This is covered in the docs, which may have been what clued you in here.

I have reset your account so you can log back in and activate with the "correct" Wink host name.  Hope this helps.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Thanks! This makes sense. I actually tried to clarify this before I got the license, but I apparently didn't state the question clearly (or misunderstood both your answer and the help). I might make the suggest that they offer an example that includes a virtual directory.

I just read else where that you guys took today off! Sorry I was a smidge pushy in my last post. Blush I hope you have a good Easter weekend!
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
I went and checked the code Greg, and apparently, the ES assumes that you won't have a virtual server... it's expecting to be able to put the hostname:portnumber directly, so if you have a virtual server, then the url ends up looking like this:

http://hostname/virtual:portnumber/RemoteDataSource.ashx

not

http://hostname:portnumber/virtual/RemoteDataSource.ashx

like it should.  Give me a few minutes to figure a way out of this and I'll send you a new MicroFour StrataFrame Enterprise Client.dll.

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
OK, Greg, give this DLL a try... you'll have to dump it into your C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame folder as well as drag it into your GAC (C:\Windows\Assembly).  As for the hostname in the license file, it has to match the hostname, not the hostname + virtual server... so, in your case, the ramstest.foxsys.com is correct.  The problem wasn't with the hostname not matching, it was with the URL being created within the Enterprise Client.
Attachments
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Ah, thanks Ben. I'm about to give this a try.

So, my license host name is "ramstest.foxsys.com" (used to create license file and to configure ES), but when I create my ES datasource, on the client, I'd still use "ramstest.foxsys.com/StrataFrameES" right?
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
No joy. I still get a bad request (400).

I was going to attempt to just install it at the root level of my website, but I cannot do that with your installer. It either creates a new web site or it installs into a virtual folder.

I'll try Trent's suggest of getting a new license file that includes the virtual folder in the host name.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
I can't seem to create a new license file. It says my MAC address is bad. I've triple checked it. It's good. It is the same one I used originally (same computer).

Thus I'm stuck Crying
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...