How do you tell if ES is running?

Author
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The Enterprise Client DLL only needs to be put on your client computer... it's not used on the server at all...

As for the MAC address, it has to be hex, exactly 12 characters either separated by dashes every 2 characters or all together.  Casing does not matter.  So, the following are valid:

01-23-45-67-89-ab

0123456789AB

Email me if you keep having problems getting it reactivated.

Randall Underwood
Randall Underwood
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Guys,

Sorry about posting to such an old thread, however this is the first time (in a year) that I'm slightly confused and I can't find an answer in your forums (great job).  Any way, I'm trying to get ES running on a server and the machine is hosting multiple websites.  So, as per the instructions I've:

1. Installed and setup the site on the server.  I've created a dns pointer with my isp.

2. i can get the status page up on the server. (Good thing).  But it shows I need a license dll.

3. So I've downloaded and installed the license file. my host name matches my dns record (es.raftecho.com) But it still show's I need to activate (i've placed the file in the es \bin folder)

4. I've triple checked all my settings on the client side and the server side.  They all match perfectly (however I'll check again).

So here's my questions:

1. Since the es site in is a virtual directory will this prevent the license dll from being properly created because it is based upon the host header name or should I use the server's name and directory?

2. On my activation page the license ip is 127.0.0.1 (which, I assume is a default setting) should this matter or should it be the public ip address?

thanks for the response and great work guys on the product, been very satisfied with it so far! Smile

Randall Underwood
Randall Underwood
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
BTW - Thanks Trent for taking care of my deactivatioin issue last night at such a late hour! Much appreciation!
Randall Underwood
Randall Underwood
Gents,

Sorry for the multiple posts before a response, but here goes.

So I've determined it's a licensing issue, I must have misconfigured my license file.  So now my question is: If my enterprise server is behind a router that is port forwarding to the server, should the mac of the router be used in the license file or the server's mac address?

I think this maybe the problem because my host name resolves to the public ip which is located on the router/firewall, which then does the NAT, then it forwards to the server. 

Sorry about being such a pain, but I haven't been able to find any posts in the forums similar to this.

Thanks.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Here was my response via email:

No, you won’t use the machine name.  You will use the host name.  For example, if the site will be accessed at https://es.mydomain.com then you would enter “es.mydomain.com” for the host name.  If you are going to use localhost for testing, then enter localhost.  Also, in response to your forum post, the router MAC should have absolutely no effect.  This is going to be 100% isolated to the machine and how the IIS has the hostname defined for that website.  The MAC address will be for that machine as well, NOT the router.  It would be impossible for the router MAC address to be accessed.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...