2021 New computer and need to install v1

Author
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi All,

I am hoping that someone can provide detailed instructions for installing v1 on a Windows 10 computer running VS2019. I have the original install files and if I recall correctly there was a custom VSIX and some customised routines developed by Edhy. The link to these no longer works.

Trust everyone is well and I look forward to hearing about the V2 developments.

TIA,

Andy 

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Andrew Harper - 7/30/2021
Hi All,

I am hoping that someone can provide detailed instructions for installing v1 on a Windows 10 computer running VS2019. I have the original install files and if I recall correctly there was a custom VSIX and some customised routines developed by Edhy. The link to these no longer works.

TIA,

Andy 

Hi Andrew,
Ivan Borges, just ping me via skype to let me know about this message.
I will look at the original message and fix the link or re-upload the VSIX this morning

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Hi All,

TIA,

Andy 

Hi Andrew,
The link in the original post http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost33478.aspx is fixed now.

Edhy Rijo

Edited 3 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)
Edhy Rijo - 7/30/2021
Hi All,

TIA,

Andy 

Hi Andrew,
The link in the original post http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost33478.aspx is fixed now.

Thanks Edhy - very much appreciated.

Do you know if there is a VSIX file for Strataframe V1 with Visual Studio 2019?
I tried running the 2017 VSIX file located here http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic33467.aspx but it does not work.

Best regards,

Andy
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
Update:

I successfully downloaded and installed Edhy's installer and Strataframe v1.7.7.1 options now show on my Windows10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) start menu.
As the 2017 VSIX will not install with VS2019 I downloaded and installed VS 2017 Community Edition and installed that successfully.
I rebooted the computer.
I then double clicked on the 2017 VSIX  "MicroFour StrataFrame Package.vsix"
The installer runs and then stops as per screenshot below

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

TIA, Andy
Edhy Rijo
E
Andrew Harper - 8/2/2021
Update:

I successfully downloaded and installed Edhy's installer and Strataframe v1.7.7.1 options now show on my Windows10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) start menu.
As the 2017 VSIX will not install with VS2019 I downloaded and installed VS 2017 Community Edition and installed that successfully.
I rebooted the computer.

TIA, Andy

Hi Andrew,
With the forum merge I believe that previous messages may not be available yet.
Attached is a zip file with the VSIX I modified so it can be use with VS2019.  Please read the ReadMe.txt file and follow the instructions and it should work for you.

Please let me know how it goes.

Edhy Rijo

Attachments
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
Edhy Rijo - 8/2/2021
Andrew Harper - 8/2/2021
Update:

I rebooted the computer.

TIA, Andy

Hi Andrew,
With the forum merge I believe that previous messages may not be available yet.
Attached is a zip file with the VSIX I modified so it can be use with VS2019.  Please read the ReadMe.txt file and follow the instructions and it should work for you.

Please let me know how it goes.

Hi Edhy,

Thanks again for your for your help.
I downloaded the zip file but it didn't contain a readme.txt file. I extracted the files to c:\temp and then double clicked on the VSIX file with the result as shown below

TIA, Andy

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
Just wondering if anyone had thoughts about the missing pre-requisites?

I have .net 3.5 and 4.8 installed my W10 notebook as shown below
On my old w7 notebook that I am retiring only .NET 3.5.1 is installed and all is working well with VS2017 community edition and Stataframe.
TIA, Andy

Andrew Harper
StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (82 reputation)
Last active: 5 seconds ago

Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
Just bumping this message in the hope someone can help with missing pre-requisites.

Tia, Andy
Edhy Rijo
E
Andrew Harper - 8/11/2021
Just bumping this message in the hope someone can help with missing pre-requisites.

Tia, Andy

Hi Andrew,
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. 
I am trying to upload my full custom setup which may have the prerequisites you may be missing.
Please try my setup first and then try installing the extension.

I couldn't upload the file, please try this link: http://www.progytech.com/downloads/StrataFrame_v1.7.7.1.zip

Edhy Rijo

Edited 3 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...