how to run the sample

Author
Jerry Yang
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm a VFP programmer for decades, no experience with SQLServer, I want to switch to VB.NET.

I have installed Visual Studio 2008, SQLServer 2008, Strataframe and StrataFlix sample.

I tried to run the StrataFlix sample, but I have no idea how to:

* Included in the extracted archive are two SQL Server files, StrataFlix.mdf and StrataFlix_Log.ldf. Use SQL Server Management Studio to attach the StrataFlix.mdf file to the SQL Server of your choice.
* Open the desired language source in Visual Studio.

can someone give me a simple guidance...

thanks in advanced.

regards,

Jerry

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Jerry,

Nice to see you around here.

To attach a database to your SQL instance do the following:

1. Open the MS SQL Server Management Studio.
  2. In the Databases node, right click and select "Attach..." from the shortcut menu
  3. In the next screen, click the "Add" button and select the StrataFlix.mdf file, then click "OK"

That should attach the database to be manage by your SQL server.  Follow the instruction in the help to compile the sample and run it, pay attention to the Login form which has the User Name and Password there for you to test it.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Just FYI, I would also recommend loading SQL Server 2005 since this database was created on and for that version.  It should technically work on 2008, but it has not been tested in that environment as of yet.
Jerry Yang
Jerry Yang
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
I was unable to find SQLServer2005, so I tried it with SQLServer2008.

I can attach the database

but when I run it, I get an error:

Please advise

Thanks.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Jerry,

Take a look at this thread it may help you run the StrataFlix sample:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost20086.aspx

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
It was hard to tell exactly since the images were sized (just FYI, you can attach them as an attachment versus inserting them and they will not be resized).  But is looks to be an SQL Server authentication issue.  In short, the proper SQL Server credentials were not supplied.
Jerry Yang
Jerry Yang
Attached are the screen images.

I think I have done something bad, the system doesn't ask for authentication instead showing the error screen right away.

I have tried by detached the database, deleted and reinstalled StrataFlix but nothing changed.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments
screen1.jpg (190 views, 106.00 KB)
screen2.jpg (222 views, 134.00 KB)
screen3.jpg (197 views, 100.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Jerry.

This post ( http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost3868.aspx Wink will help you to get the connection wizard back when you run StrataFlix. Try and follow Trent's instructions and see if you can connect to your database.

Hope it helps. Wink

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Yup, Ivan's response was right on the money Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...