Update Video Training

Author
Hugo R. Figueroa
StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Will you have an updated video training?

From what I saw in the demo it is very good, but I want to wait for buy it until an update is available.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
If you purchase the StrataTrain videos we have a supplemental training library that we will give to you as well that has an additional 2 hours of training.
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

I purchased the StrataTrain video. How do I get the supplement? I couldn’t find anything on the StrataTrain site.

-Larry

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
I will send a link to you via email.
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I've also bought Strata Train which I didn't find very useful so I'm very interested in any supplimentary training that may be available.

Cheers, Peter

Kelvin Gerhart
Kelvin Gerhart
StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)
Peter:

I was thinking of ordering StrataTrain and wondered why you didn't think it was very useful?Can you provide more details?  What was missing?   Would it helpful to a newbie, like me?

Also they mentioned additional training material being available but give no idea about what else was coming.   Any thought of bundling the StrataFrame and StrataTrain together?

Lastly, was it worth the money? Do you want to sell you copy?

Kelvin 

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Kelvin,

StrataTrain is a great resource....especially for beginners.  As for our supplemental videos it contains more advanced videos that extends the StrataTrain Videos.  We plan to add many more videos as well over the next 12 months which will include Role Based Security, more How-To videos, etc.

I highly recommend StrataTrain! Smile

Michael Reese
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)StrataFrame User (299 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Stratatrain is a pretty good reference tool. I know some stuff is missing but they say they are planning to roll out a an update and is interested in customers suggestion. However, you probably already know the answer by the time you recommend content. 

Michael

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

I also found Stratatrain to be a good reference tool. However to get the maximum benefit I would recommend that new users purchase it at the same time they purchase a development license. If it were available when I first started I know it would have made learning SF much easier and faster.

-Larry

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Hi Kelvin,

Well I wan't impressed at all - I even asked for my money back. I did all possible research before buying and, overall, it looked good in terms of coverage however what you can't tell from the web site is depth of coverage. My main problem with StrataTrain were:

Repitition: Each section is short enough befoe they spend an unbearable amount of time in section B repeating what was already said in Section A. My estimate was that maybe 40% of the content could be removed due to this repition.

Depth: There is no depth - you are much better off reading the SF help system. Let me give you an example. There is a section called RowVersionOrTimeStampColumn under CRUD Settings - this looks interesting you would think. However, this video runs for just 45 seconds!! The insight that Strata Train gives is that into this property you enter the database column name that is used if you have turned on either Optimistic Timestamp or Optimistic Row Version concurrency control - yippee I would never have guessed that! It is also an example of wasting time - the video starts with selecting the BO and navigating to the property - this entirely useless information takes up nearly half of the video. Each section within the CRUD video is like this - about 20 seconds wasted at the start of each video in selecting a BO then navigating to the property being talked about. This is a loooong time given the average run length of each video is probably under a minute. Actually, in the CRUD section of Strata Train, three of the video's run for about 90 seconds and all the rest for under a minute.

I went through the entire course once and have never referred to it again and I'm sure I never will.

I'm finding the SF help system to be very good and the forum support is nothing short of fantastic. The more I get into SF the more I like it - a bit like the proverbial onion - always more to find beneath the surface.

Cheers, Peter

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...