Update Video Training

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Just to keep everyone in the loop here, we did not create StrataTrain...it was a third party company that did this.  However, we are now planning or providing our own videos but will wait until we release the KB as this will be the primary source for distributing those videos. 

I will see if I can find and post those two hours of video and just make them available...however, some of them will be slightly out of date as well.  Since we plan to create a post our own videos we have been taking a different road lately.  But in any case, we do plan to have new videos in the long-run that come as a collection as well as a number of videos that will be posted within the KB. 

Geoff Hirst
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Chaps,

I purchased the stratatrain product too, at about the same time as I purchased stratatrain. At the time, I did find it useful, however as the product has advanced in leaps and bounds I would consider it to be out of date.

Interested in knowing how to get hold of the extra 2 hours that has been mooted on here. Do you need to see Proof of purchase?

thanks

Geoff Hirst

Juan Carlos Pazos
Juan Carlos Pazos
StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)StrataFrame User (190 reputation)
Hi Trent

Trent L. Taylor (03/06/2007)
If you purchase the StrataTrain videos we have a supplemental training library that we will give to you as well that has an additional 2 hours of training.

Every hour I work with StrataFrame I love it more. It's great. There are a lot of things can be done and I just don't know how to do it. I pass almost five days crating a Custom Field for my application, once I create the first I already implemented several more in just minutes.

So, I decided to purchase Stratatrain videos, even the material is based in 1.4 and seems to be incomplete, I hope to learn some things that can save me time in my work.

If still is available the suplemental library, I will be glad if you can send to me. If require the receip of purchase I can send to you.

(For error I put a question regarding security in the Database deployment forum, if you can move the post to the appropiate forum or delete the entry, thanks).

Regards

Smile Everything is possible, just keep trying...

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Chan,

I have sent this your way.  Please let me know if you do not receive the email.  Thanks.

Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)
Trent L. Taylor (03/06/2007)
If you purchase the StrataTrain videos we have a supplemental training library that we will give to you as well that has an additional 2 hours of training.

Hi,

I also purchased StrataTrain. How could I get the extra training material?

Thank you

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Looking at the name of the field within your BO, the cust_lname in the sample was changed to cust_FirstName some time ago (column name in the database changed).  So, if you're rebuilding your partial class from the fields in the database, it should pick up the correct name, and the textbox is probably still bound to the old name "cust_lname".  Is there any way you could download the latest release?  All of the samples in the latest release have been updated so that they reference the new fields...
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Each property that gets created through the BO Mapper has a class created for it as well which is a FieldPropertyDescriptor class that prevents reflection from being used when binding to a control.  When you use the BO Mapper these are automatically created for you.  It appears that his BO would simply need to have the partial class rebuilt and it will create the field property descriptor class.

The only time that you need to manually create a property descriptor is when creating custom fields that will be bound to controls.  There are some samples on this as well as some info in the docs as to what needs to be done here.  In fact, the tutorial shows how to create the property descriptors for a custom field.

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Thanks Ben -

That did the trick for building ! ( oddly the inherits line was in the ordersBO but not CustomersBO )

When I tried to fill top 100 I did get this unhandled exception

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayerException was unhandled by user code

Message="An error occurred while refreshing the data from field 'CustomersBO.cust_lname' to property 'Text' on control 'Textbox5.' Are you missing FieldPropertyDescriptor for a custom property?"

Source="MicroFour StrataFrame Business"

StackTrace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.RefreshControl(IBusinessBindable ControlToRefresh, Boolean DataPresent)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.RefreshBoundControls()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.raise_CurrentDataTableRefilled()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.OnCurrentDataTableRefilled()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.ChangeCurrentDataTable(DataTable NewTable, Boolean AcceptChanges, Boolean IsSharedTable)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.FillDataTable(String SelectStatement)

at myBusinessObject.CustomersBO.FillTop100() in C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\ParentChildRelationship\myBusinessObject\CustomersBO.vb:line 9

at ParentChildRelationship.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\ParentChildRelationship\ParentChildRelationship\Form1.vb:line 4

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

But there is that hint this may have something to do with a FieldPropertyDescriptor so I'll just consider working through that a learning experience Smile

This stuff is fun !

Thanks again

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Ah, the problem I think is that the "Inherits BusinessLayer" line was removed from the .designer.vb file because several people wanted to be able to subclass their BOs and every time they built their partial classes, the inherits line would get overwritten back to BusinessLayer. 

So, if you came from an old project and you upgraded to 1.6, you'll have to go to your main code file for each of your business objects and add the Inherits MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer line to the class definition.  That will get rid of most, if not all, of your errors; and you'll only have to do it once.  For future business objects, the template was changed so that the inherits line is declared in the main code file, not the designer file.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
We do not have any control over their product (StrataTrain), but I will make sure that the right people are made aware of the issue.  Thanks for your patience.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...