A couple of minor requests

Author
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you could please consider the followings when editing/adding table columns

a) In data type size, could you allow to delete the zero with keyboard "delete" key, rather trying to grab it with mouse and delete it? I also noticed a bug too. By default it shows 10 for VarChar, but I need to put 40 in there. Since it doesn't let me delete the 1 and zero, I typed 40, which became 4010. But now, it won't allow me to delete the last 1 and zero. It keeps going to 4010.

b) For the "Save" button, could you allow CTRL+S to save?

Thanks!

..ßen
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Most of these features have already been implemented and will be available in the next update.
Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
Trent L. Taylor (05/01/2007)
Most of these features have already been implemented and will be available in the next update.

Excellent!

..ßen
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Since it doesn't let me delete the 1 and zero, I typed 40, which became 4010.

Just FYI, this is default NumericUpDown functionality.  There is little we can do on this point.  We may change the control type altogether, but until this is done this functionality will remain.

Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
We may change the control type altogether, but until this is done this functionality will remain.

I leave it up to your judgment! Thanks for the extra info.

..ßen
Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
b) For the "Save" button, could you allow CTRL+S to save?

One little change to this:

Keep the current "Save" button as is, except the caption should say "Save & Close".

Then add another one that just says "Save" and this should have the CTRL+S keyboard shortcut to save BUT not close the form. This way, we can frequently save without exiting the form.

Thanks!

p.s., BTW, how do you guys say "Thanks" in TX? Smile I figure if I learn the local language, that might give me a leverage! LOL...BigGrin

..ßen
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Texas lingo 101

"I'm going to do it" = "Fixin to"

To destroy, delete, or otherwise obliterate = "smoke it"

thats all I remember from August Smile

Keith Chisarik
Steve L. Taylor
Steve L. Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (48 reputation)
Hey Keith, we need you in this class.  We are going to have food and everything.  Bob, told me you are busy.  Have you tried begging?  Smile

Steve

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
p.s., BTW, how do you guys say "Thanks" in TX? Smile

I would risk it is going to be "gracias" BigGrin

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
I would risk it is going to be "gracias"

At the rate that the guys from the south are jumping the border, yes, it will be gracias soon enough... Until then, it's probably going to stay "Thank you, sir."  And don't forget the "sir" Wink  Or just "thanks."

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...